A man and woman from Hampshire have been charged with Income Tax and National Insurance fraud estimated at £950,000.
Michael Scott, 61, and Marina Scott, 58, were charged at Southampton Central Police Station on Friday 12 July, after an investigation by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
Both have been released on unconditional bail until 9 August, when they are due to appear at Southampton Magistrates’ Court. Investigations are continuing.
Notes for editors
1. Michael Everard SCOTT (05/04/52) of Grovebury, Locks Heath, Hampshire, and Marina Ann Edith SCOTT (12/05/55) of Grovebury, Locks Heath, Hampshire.
2. Both were charged with an offence contrary to the Fraud Act, while operating as PiXies Day Nursery (Woolston and Locks Heath).
3. Michael Scott was charged under section 4 of the Fraud Act 2006 and Marina Scott under section 3 of the Fraud Act 2006.
4. HMRC criminal investigators arrested the duo in Locks Heath, Southampton, on 3 November 2012 on suspicion of Fraud Act offences.
5. Follow HMRC on Twitter @HMRCgovuk
Issued by HM Revenue & Customs Press Office
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is the UK’s tax authority.
HMRC is responsible for making sure that the money is available to fund the UK’s public services and for helping families and individuals with targeted financial support.