Mid and East Antrim Borough Council are delighted to support Northern Ireland Water’s new Refillution campaign, aimed at encouraging everyone to commit to refilling a reusable water bottle with our world-class tap water and stop buying single use plastic bottles.
To coincide with National Refill Day, 19th June, NI Water is launching its own campaign locally, ‘Refillution.’ Northern Ireland uses 145 million single use plastic bottles every year. By switching to a reusable bottle, people can help turn the tide in helping to reduce plastic waste. Our drinking water is 99% pure and we want everyone to benefit from it.
Councillor Mayor, Maureen Morrow said: “Mid and East Antrim Council are pleased to support NI Water’s Refillution campaign. Council staff have already made a commitment to reducing its impact on the environment and have committed to a number of environmental objectives in 2019. Council staff are being encouraged to ditch single use plastic bottles and switch to a reusable one that can be filled from the tap. I would also encouraging local businesses, schools and communities to do the same.”
With drinking water now at the highest quality on record, staying hydrated and reducing plastic waste is a win-win for everyone.
Angela Halpenny, Northern Ireland Water Head of Environmental Regulation says, “We are delighted Mid and East Antrim Council are supporting our campaign and taking the Refill message right across their Borough. On National Refill day, we welcome all our Councils, agencies and stakeholders to join us, by encouraging everyone to switch to refilling a reusable water bottle from the tap.”
The water industry has a strong focus on the environment and we are committed to tackling the problems caused by plastic bottles which block up our rivers and drains, and pollute our seas.
- Photo Caption: Pictured is the Mayor Mid and East Antrim, Councillor Maureen Morrow, and Clare Lewsley, NI Water promoting the Refillution campaign.
- Get involved! Just hashtag #Jointherefillution #Refillution @niwnews @JoinRefillution and start sharing with your friends!
- For more information about the campaign visit: www.niwater.com/refillution/
- For Mid and East Antrim Borough Council media enquiries T: 028 2563 5037 E: email@example.com
- Join Mid and East Antrim Borough Council on Facebook or follow us on Twitter