Skip to main content

UPDATE: Disorder at West Ham v Manchester United

News   •   May 14, 2016 07:30 BST

[Images of the three men]

Detectives appealing for the public's help in identifying four men they wish to speak to following the pre-match disorder at the recent West Ham v Manchester United match have made an arrest.

A 28-year-old man [D] handed himself into an east London police station on Friday, 13 May, and was arrested on suspicion on violent disorder. He was bailed pending further enquires to a date in mid-August.

Enquires continue to ascertain the identities of the others wanted as part of the appeal.

Commander BJ Harrington of the Met's Public Order team said:

"Behaviour of the kind we saw before Tuesday's match is totally unacceptable. The vast majority of people were well-behaved, but we are looking to deal with a small minority of individuals who committed criminal acts.

"We are working closely with both clubs to bring these individuals to justice, and I would urge anyone who recognises the men in these pictures to contact police.

"This was always going to be a challenging match to police, with passions running high. Aware of those challenges, we had more officers on duty than is normal. I am proud of my officers who did a fantastic job in difficult circumstances and played their part in enabling those supporters who respected the occasion to enjoy what was an historic event."

Police have so far arrested three men in connection with disorder both inside and outside the Boleyn Ground on 10 May.

Two men [A, aged 18; and B, aged 47] who were arrested for pitch incursion have been bailed to return on a date in late May.

A 20-year-old man [C] was arrested for affray - throwing bottles at police officers. He has been bailed to return on a date in August.

Anyone with any information should contact the Public Order investigation team on 020 7275 4569. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or at quoting the image reference number.