Skip to main content

Man jailed for 13 years for stabbing schoolboy

News   •   Aug 26, 2017 07:00 BST

[Image: Lyndon Lewis]

A man who stabbed a 14-year-old schoolboy and his father has been jailed.

Lyndon Lewis, 29 (08.02.88) of Wordsworth Street, Liverpool, L8 was found guilty of wounding with intent following a four-day long trial at Isleworth Crown Court on Thursday, 24 August and sentenced to 13 years' imprisonment.

On Friday, 23 September 2016, the victim, a 14-year-old schoolboy, left his home in Grenfell Tower, London W11 at 7.45am to go to school.

As he walked out of his front door on the first floor, he was approached by a man who launched an unprovoked attack on him with a knife, slashing him across the face. The victim tried to protect himself and required 30 stiches to his face which have caused permanent scarring, along with defensive knife injuries to his hands.

The victim’s father heard his son shouting and came out of the flat, chasing the attacker down to the mezzanine level of the block and confronting the attacker in an attempt to detain him. He was stabbed in the arm before the attacker ran off.

The police were called and an examination of the crime scene resulted in the recovery of blood from a wall and from a lanyard worn by the father. DNA analysis of the blood was subsequently linked to Lewis.

On 2 November 2016, Lewis was arrested at an address in Liverpool. Detectives from Kensington and Chelsea travelled to Liverpool to interview Lewis. He refused to speak to officers but was subsequently charged with two counts of wounding with intent to serious harm.

On 21 August, the trial of Lewis commenced at Isleworth Crown Court. Throughout, he denied his involvement and refused to explain why he was in London at the time of the offence.

Upon sentencing Lewis, Recorder, Mr. Prior told him that his crime had a terrible effect on the young victim and his family, that Lewis was not of good character and that the attack was horrific.

Detective Constable Flynn from Kensington and Chelsea CID said: "Lewis has caused his victims great distress and the sentence of 13 years reflects the seriousness of the unprovoked attack on a 14-year-old schoolboy. He is a danger to the public and showed no remorse for his crime, denying his involvement to the very end.”

In conjunction with the police, due to this incident, the family were rehoused and therefore they were not at Grenfell Tower at the time of the fire.

Lewis was found not guilty of ABH against the father.