Home to some of the nation’s best loved brands including Cadbury, Oreo and Maynards Bassetts, Mondelez is looking for a chocolate taster to join the team at its world class Reading Science Centre:
- The part time role requires tasters to taste test top-secret chocolate bars and cocoa drinks, and provide honest feedback, helping Mondelez to perfect and launch never before seen products
- The position is part-time, to work 7.5 hours a week
- Mondelez’ Reading Centre Science Centre is where some of the most exciting food innovations are dreamt up, using cutting-edge food science including electron microscopy and a unique device that acts as an artificial nose
- Don’t be chocolate and apply now: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/249789408/
A Mondelēz International spokesperson said: “We are ‘choc’d’ by the number of applicants we have received for our Chocolate Taster role in Reading! Almost 1,500 chocolate fans have applied in the last 24 hours alone. We can’t wait to see who makes the cut to join our other 4,000 chocolate-loving employees across the UK who invent, test and make some of the nation’s favourite treats from our sites in Reading, Bournville, Herefordshire, Sheffield, Chirk and beyond.
“It’s also hugely encouraging to see how many people are interested in a consumer science role in the food industry. Food science is an incredibly varied and exhilarating career path and we believe working with chocolate is pretty sweet!”
Mondelez International fast facts
- Mondelez International in the UK and Ireland has the largest R&D footprint in the world, making us one of the largest food research groups in the UK. Since 2010 we have invested £18 million into Reading and R&D in the UK.
- The UK is the global headquarters for chocolate inventions. The number of inventors based in our iconic Bournville site has grown from 25 – 250 in just a few years and our site in Reading has a team of over 300 technologists, chemists and engineers, all working on the science behind the creation of new products for markets all across the world.
- Delicious new products like Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly, Marvellous, Puddles and Medley, Big Taste are just some of the bars they have created in the UK in the last five years.
- Bournville - the home of Cadbury - makes five and a half million blocks of Cadbury Dairy Milk, 1 million Creme Eggs and 400 million Buttons every day!
- The value of the Cadbury Dairy Milk brand has grown by over 25% since 2010.
- Mondelez has invested over £200 million into UK manufacturing, research and invention.
- This includes a £75m investment in the Bournville factory, the home of Cadbury, to upgrade the 30 year old lines producing much loved brands such as Roses and Heroes.
Why apply for the job?
What makes working at Mondelez International so special? The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Mondelēz International’s Reading Science Centre provides unique opportunities in the provision of scientific analysis, research, consultancy and training to its parent company and the wider food and pharmaceutical sectors. Operating as Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL), we apply leading-edge science with integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver greater value to our clients.
The job will take place at the Mondelez/ RSSL (Reading Scientific Services Limited) building situated on Whiteknights’ campus in Reading.
This position will take place in the Consumer Science discussion rooms and sensory booths. The role will be working alongside approx. 11 panellists and a panel leader.
Please be aware this is a part time position, to work 7.5 hours per week Tuesday-Thursday 12:15-2.45pm.
- Be able to taste chocolate and cocoa beverage products and give objective and honest feedback.
- Work within a team of panelists to share opinions and collaborate to reach an agreement on taste.
- Use a clearly defined vocabulary to describe products and aid in the discrimination between products.
- Be consistent in the results given.
- Chocolate tasters are key in helping Mondelez perfect and launch an entirely new product all over the world.
- A passion for confectionary and taste buds for detection
- Honesty when it comes to giving an opinion
- Eager to try new inventive products
- A communicative personality to build great relationships with your panel
- A firm grasp of the English Language
- We reserve the right to close to applications at any time should we receive sufficient application numbers; late applications will not be considered and therefore we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
- We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
About Mondelēz International
Mondelēz International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is a global snacking powerhouse, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion. Creating delicious moments of joy in 165 countries, Mondelēz International is a world leader in biscuits, chocolate, gum, candy and powdered beverages, with billion-dollar brands such as Oreo, LU and Nabisco biscuits; Cadbury, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate; and Trident gum. Mondelēz International is a proud member of the Standard and Poor’s 500, NASDAQ 100 and Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Visit www.mondelezinternational.com or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDLZ.