Blog post -
How do I find stories about my organisation worth writing about?
Often, telling your story is easier said than done. Don’t worry - we will help you!
With this how-to post you will hopefully feel a bit more confident in finding your stories to share with the world. Huge or tiny - sharing is caring.
Whether you believe it or not, your organisation is full of stories which will be of interest to journalists, bloggers and other site owners, as well as your customers who are searching for information about you online.
As I am sure you know, the role of a press release is to simplify the life of a journalist by providing them with all the necessary information needed for the basis of the news article they will write about your organisation. However, we know that sometimes it can be difficult to think of what the media might be interested in and what you can write in a press release.
So here are some of our tips on how to find the stories in your organisation.
How to find a story...
1. Write a list of everything that has happened, is happening and will happen in and around your business and its operations.
2. Do you have trouble finding something new to write about - the questions below might help. If you can answer "yes" to any of these questions then you probably have found a story to tell.
3. The more questions you can answer yes to, the more interesting it will be.
4. Write it and send it out through your newsroom.
If you can say yes to any of these questions, you have the beginning of a story:
- Has your company done any research lately?
- Have others made inquiries concerning your company?
- Can your company introduce exciting new statistics?
- Have you achieved any exciting results?
- Have you hired someone new recently? Or has an important person left your company?
- Has your company made changes in the organization or in other ways?
- Has the board changed?
- Has the industry developed, and how has that affected your company?
- Has the company's market changed and how has it affected the company?
- How will the industry/market change in the future and how will the company respond to those changes?
- Has your company made any cooperation agreements?
- Have you gotten any new significant customer/s?
- Will your company arrange or participate in any events?
- Has your company expanded?
- Has your company entered a new market?
- Has your company started a new business?
- Has your company changed the focus of the business?
- Has your company made a successful venture?
- Has your company released / will release any new products or services?
- Will your company launch a new campaign soon?
- Has the CEO made any exciting or controversial statements?
Translated by Sofia Eiworth, Customer Success & Sales Support at Mynewsdesk UK.
Originally posted in Swedish here.
Mynewsdesk is the Nordic region's leading platform for digital PR and communication, with about 5,000 customers and 77,000 users. The cloud-based service includes media monitoring, news distribution, and PR analytics. The company was founded in 2003 in Stockholm. Since 2008, Mynewsdesk is a part of the Norwegian media group NHST Media Group AS. In 2018, Mynewsdesk acquired Mention, a social media management and listening tool.
Visit www.mynewsdesk.com for more information.