The Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) update has now been rolled out for the Sony XPERIA Z1 and Sony XPERIA Z Ultra.
On its website, Sony announced, “The next Sony software rollout for Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra starts right about now.
“We’ve been working to blend our Sony Xperia software with Google’s Jelly Bean release to create some cool user experiences (if we say so ourselves) – in addition to a few performance tweaks here & there, some of the functionality you can look forward to includes:
· Google’s Android 4.3; Jelly Bean as standard – bringing Project Butter performance & UI optimisation and a smoother graphical experience
· Launched with Xperia Z1, we’re now bringing Sony’s Smart Social Camera to Xperia Z Ultra – our signature camera experience, that lets you download, access and enjoy “Xperia camera apps” directly from within the viewfinder
· We’re also uplifting Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, Sony Select and…
· Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration - a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, offering seamless access to both local and cloud content
· The launch of our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – more on this soon…
· The latest Android security enhancements, matched with Sony’s mobile enterprise solution: Xperia in Business
The Japanese phone maker notes, “As usual, timing & availability may vary by market & carrier.”
Are you now running Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) on your Sony XPERIA Z1 or Sony XPERIA Z Ultra? Drop a comment below.