Phones Limited

Apple iPhone 5 electrocution causes death

News   •   Jul 17, 2013 17:52 BST

A charging Apple iPhone 5 electrocuted a young woman while she was taking a call. Sadly, the woman died from the electrocution.

Reuters reports, “Ma Ailun, a 23-year-old woman from China’s western Xinjiang region and a flight attendant with China Southern Airlines, was electrocuted when she took a call on the charging mobile telephone, the official Xinhua news agency quoted police as saying on Sunday.”

Apple said, “We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family. We will fully investigate and cooperate with authorities in this matter.”

Reuters says, “Apple declined to comment on details, such as whether this was an isolated case.”

The site adds, “Ma's sister tweeted on Sina's microblog saying that Ma collapsed and died after using her charging iPhone 5 and urged users to be careful, a message that went viral on the site.”

Please be reminded to take extra caution when using any handset that is charging. The same may happen to you.

To get more Apple iPhone 5 White deals, check us out at our website.