At the prestigious WAN Awards, the international architecture competition in London, a proud architect was able to take home yet another award for the Oslo Airport expansion.
Christian Henriksen, a partner in Nordic — Office of Architecture, represented Team_T, the project group behind the new Oslo airport, at the ceremony.
"This is a win for everyone involved in the project and I would again like to thank our partners in Team_T: COWI, Norconsult, Aas-Jakobsen and engineer Per Rasmussen. We also have to thank NSW Arkitektur, and landscape architects Bjørbekk & Lindheim, not forgetting ÅF-Advansia and everyone else involved", he said, adding:
"But most of all we need to thank Avinor for the wonderful way in which they have worked with us to make this building a success", said Henriksen, who clearly appreciated the honour.
Huge recognition to everyone involved
"We are very proud of this award. The recognition that we, the architects and other partners have received for the 'new Oslo Airport' shows that we have got a lot of things right. Our job in the future will be to make this building even better and provide great experiences for both passengers and staff", said the airport's Managing Director Øyvind Hasaas.
This is not the first award which Nordic — Office of Architecture has received for the project. In autumn 2017, the company won the International Project of the Year category at the Building Awards in London, and also presented the project at the World Architecture Festival in Berlin where it was one of a handful of finalists.
The WAN Awards was organised by World Architecture News for the eighth year in a row, with a panel of architects from leading architectural offices all over the world. The awards ceremony took place at the London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square on Wednesday 28 February.
In addition to this award, Oslo Airport has also won these awards since its opening in April 2017:
- Prosjekt Norge's 'Project of the Year' award was won by Avinor's Oslo Airport for its T2 project
- The Norwegian Mineral Industry's natural stone award was given to Avinor's Oslo Airport for the flooring in the new terminal at Oslo Airport
- The 'Best Airport Terminal Design' award was given to Avinor's new Oslo Airport at the Future Travel Experience Global conference in the USA
- The 'Best International Project' award, by the UK's leading trade magazine for the construction industry at this year's Building Awards in London.
- The DOGA distinction for design and architecture was awarded to Avinor's Oslo Airport for its 'Airport Learning Journey' training program that was rolled out at Oslo Airport for 22,000 employees in 2016/2017
- The HSMAI 'best internal event' award was awarded to Avinor's Oslo Airport for its T2 Experience event
- Avinor's Oslo airport got the bronze in the international Best Event Awards 2017 in the 'Education' category for its T2 Experience event
- Avinor's Oslo Airport was nominated in the international 'Les Trophées de l'Evénement' awards, in the category 'Exceptional Event' for the T2 Experience event and T2 Service Test
- Avinor's Oslo Airport was nominated in the international SABRE Awards in the category 'Employee Communications' for the communication and training concept it designed for the new T2
- Avinor's Oslo Airport was awarded the prestigious 'Newcomer of the Year' award at the Norwegian tourism industry's annual Grand Travel Awards in January this year.