At the Business and IT Resilience Summit in New Delhi, India on the 2nd December, the Business Continuity Institute (BCI) hosted their India Awards ceremony, an occasion to acknowledge business continuity professionals and organizations who have contributed the most to the profession in the region.
The BCI India Awards, sponsored by Perpetuuiti, consist of five categories, the winners of which are all decided upon by a panel of judges. The high calibre level of entries gave the judges a difficult task selecting a shortlist to go forward to the ceremony and an even harder one to choose the winners.
Of course only one person or organization can go home with each trophy and the winners of the 2013 BCI India Awards were:
- Business Continuity Manager of the Year: Arnab Kumar Mukherjee MBCI, Colt Technology Services India Private Ltd
- BCM Newcomer of the Year: Debjyoti Mukherjee, Capgemini India Private ltd
- Business Continuity Provider of the Year (BCM Service): CORE Integrated Management Systems Pvt. Ltd
- Business Continuity Provider of the Year (BCM Product): SunGard Availability Services
- Business Continuity Innovation of the Year: Canon India Private Ltd
A further presentation was made to Perpetuuiti who received the BCM Product Achievement Award to recognise all that they have done during the previous year to support those working in the BC industry in India.
Steve Mellish, Chairman of the BCI said: “The fundamental aim of the BCI is to promote the art and science of business continuity worldwide and the quality of all entries received in these awards help to achieve this. Each of the winners has added tremendous value to the profession and shown how far it has developed in the region in recent years."
All winners will now go forward to the BCI Global Awards to be held in London in 2014.
The BCI India Awards are open to anyone living or operating in Bangladesh, Butan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, India, Armenia and Azerbaijan.