The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
GUMAMM for month ending 31st October 2009.
This data shows the number of first attendances to a GUM clinic for each clinic provider, how many of these attendances were offered an appointment within 48 hours and how many were seen within 48 hours. Main findings are:
· The percentage of 1st appointments offered within 48 hours was 99.8% for October 2009, this is the same as for September.
· The percentage of 1st attendances seen within 48 hours as a proportion of the total number of 1stattendances was 88.6% for October 2009, a decrease of 0.7% from September.
· The total number of 1st attendances was 119,983 in October 2009 which is 5,454 per working day, a decrease compared to 5,613 per working day in September.
· The total number of attendances was 172,661 in October 2009 which is 7,848 per working day, an decrease compared to 8,066 per working day in September.
· The collection covers 144 NHS providers & 1 Independent Sector provider that are responsible for 211 GUM clinics providing type 3 services.