The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health: GUMAMM for month ending 31st August 2010.
This data shows the number of first attendances to a GUM clinic for each clinic provider, how many of these attendances were offered an appointment within 48 hours and how many were seen within 48 hours. Main findings are:
* The percentage of 1st appointments offered within 48 hours was 99.62% for August 2010, it was 99.96% for July 2010.
* The percentage of 1st attendances seen within 48 hours as a proportion of the total number of 1st attendances was 88.85% for August 2010, it was 89.09% for July 2010.
* The total number of 1st attendances was 125,733 in August 2010 which is 5,987 per working day, it was 5,863 per working day in July 2010.
* The total number of attendances was 178,436 in August 2010 which is 8,497 per working day, it was 8,314 per working day in July 2010.
* The collection covers 142 NHS providers & 2 Independent Sector provider that are responsible for 203 GUM clinics providing type 3 services.
Phone: For enquiries please contact the issuing dept