The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
GUMAMM for month ending 30th November 2009.
This data shows the number of first attendances to a GUM clinic for each clinic provider, how many of these attendances were offered an appointment within 48 hours and how many were seen within 48 hours. Main findings are:
• The percentage of 1st appointments offered within 48 hours was 99.9% for November 2009, an increase of 0.1% from October.
• The percentage of 1st attendances seen within 48 hours as a proportion of the total number of 1st attendances was 89.2% for November 2009, an increase of 0.6% from October.
• The total number of 1st attendances was 110,129 in November 2009 which is 5,244 per working day, a decrease compared to 5,454 per working day in October.
• The total number of attendances was 159,931 in November 2009 which is 7,616 per working day, a decrease compared to 7,848 per working day in October.
• The collection covers 144 NHS providers & 1 Independent Sector provider that are responsible for 211 GUM clinics providing type 3 services.
Phone: For enquiries please contact the above department