The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
GUMAMM for month ending 31st December 2009.
This data shows the number of first attendances to a GUM clinic for each clinic provider, how many of these attendances were offered an appointment within 48 hours and how many were seen within 48 hours.
Main findings are:
- The percentage of first appointments offered within 48 hours was 99.9% for December 2009, no change from November.
- The percentage of first attendances seen within 48 hours as a proportion of the total number of first attendances was 90.3% for December 2009, an increase of 1.1% from November.
- The total number of first attendances was 96,800 in December 2009 which is 4,610 per working day, a decrease compared to 5,244 per working day in November.
- The total number of attendances was 141,288 in December 2009 which is 6,728 per working day, a decrease compared to 7,616 per working day in November.
- The collection covers 144 NHS providers & 1 Independent Sector provider that are responsible for 206 GUM clinics providing type 3 services.
Phone: For enquiries please contact the above department