There have been a number of reports of smartphones bursting into flames. These phones include the iPhone and Samsung’s Galaxy handsets. Now it’s HTC’s turn. According to a report, an HTC One X smartphone has burned. It’s fortunate that no one was hurt when the smartphone bust into flames.
The report comes from VR-Zone. According to the site, “An HTC One X owner from Taiwan has reported that his phone “spontaneously combusted”. According to a publicly available Facebook post, he says that he was in the middle of charging his phone when it burst into flames.
“The user says he went into a local Far Eastern Tone office, a Taiwanese telco, to try and get a replacement phone, but they insisted on a $21 USD ($300 Taiwan Dollar) inspection fee.”
The site added, “HTC says that it’s dealing with the situation.”
HTC One X users report that the handset’s battery tends to swell over time.
Although this incident had the potential to cause harm, we’re just glad it didn’t. In a previous report, an iPhone electrocuted its owner to death. This prompted Apple to launch the USB Power Adapter Takeback Program.
Interested in the HTC One X White? Get it here at Phones Limited.