Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Geir Karlsen (born 1965) has been appointed deputy CEO of Norwegian. Karlsen joined Norwegian as CFO in April 2018. He has extensive experience from listed companies within shipping and offshore. Mr. Karlsen has over the last 12 years held various CFO positions with international companies such as Golden Ocean Group and Songa Offshore. Before joining Norwegian, he held the position of Group CFO at London-based Navig8 Group, the world's largest independent pool and management company. Geir Karlsen has a degree in Business Administration from BI Norwegian Business School.
"Geir has during his one-year tenure at Norwegian proven solid leadership skills and boasts trust from colleagues on all levels of the Norwegian Group. I look forward to a continued close, constructive and strategically important cooperation", said CEO Bjørn Kjos.
For further information, please contact:
Geir Karlsen, Chief Financial Officer, phone: +47 916 08 332
Stine Klund, Investor Relations Officer, phone: +47 986 99 259
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries almost 6 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 30 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 12 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro from London Gatwick
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.8 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for six consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2018, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights