Product Development Manager for Ramblers Worldwide Holidays, David Kay, is a champion of America’s Canyonlands. As somebody who has an in-depth knowledge of the destination he says, “This is a unique opportunity to enjoy one of the best walking experiences anywhere in the World.Ramblers Worldwide Holidays offers a chance to walk through the Grand Canyon staying one night at Phantom Ranch at the bottom of the canyon – a challenging and life-affirming experience.”
This exciting, 17 night adventure begins in Las Vegas with a circular route through Nevada, Arizona, Utah and Colorado embracing fabulous scenic panoramas, geological wonders, the discovery of Native American and Wild West history.Heading north east, one visits three of the great national parks of Utah; the vibrant coloured and spired limestone amphitheatres of Bryce Canyon; the sumptuous gorge of Zion Canyon and on through Navajo country to Arches National Park with over 90 bridges of natural orange/pink sandstone.Continuing into Colorado for hikes amongst the archaeological Pueblo Indian ruins of the wooded plateau of Mesa Verde.
Next is the desert landscape of Monument Valley, famed for its association with practically every western movie since John Ford’s 1937 ‘Stagecoach’.One then takes in the sheer splendour and magnitude of the Grand Canyon – up to a mile deep and 14 miles wide – with three nights on the south rim with walks overlooking the most dramatic parts of the canyon itself.One then descends to the Colorado River for a night at the famous Phantom Ranch on the canyon floor before ascending to the north rim for a final night in the park.
Price from £3,799 per person includes return flights, transfers, all travel for walking and sightseeing excursions, B&B accommodation (plus seven dinners plus a meal at Phantom Ranch) and the services of a dedicated tour leader.Departs 30 September 2016
01707 33 11 33
- Award-winning Ramblers Worldwide Holidays have been established since 1946 and are the experts in small group guided walking adventures.
- The company now operates 250 holidays in 70 countries.
- Their portfolio also includes specialist holidays linked to walking such as, cooking, cruising, birdwatching, rail journeys and flora.
- Ramblers Worldwide Holidays offer a range of graded walks from leisurely to challenging which are highlighted via a new easy to understand grading system.
- A range of walking grades are available from leisurely strolls to more challenging mountain hikes.
- View the Online Brochure Now – click here.
- Alongside their traditional guided walking proposition, Ramblers Worldwide Holidays provide independent, self-guided UK walking holidays via their Load Off Your Back programme www.loadoffyourback.co.uk
- The company’s mission is to generate funds for walking charities by the provision of outstanding outdoor activity holidays.
- The operator is a not-for-profit company and contributes monies to the Ramblers Holidays Charitable Trust which supports walking related and environmental projects in the UK. The company also funds Heart & Sole - an initiative managed by company staff, with the aim of reaching into the heart of the communities visited.
- Ramblers Worldwide Holidays also runs The Walking Partnership - an initiative which champions walking at the 'grass roots' level by providing funding and support to walking groups and clubs throughout the UK.
- Ramblers Worldwide Holidays is the Walking Holiday Partner of the Ramblers, Britain's walking charity whose aim is to protect and expand the places people love to walk, promoting walking for health and pleasure and responsible for the recent Big Pathwatch project.
- Ramblers Worldwide Holidays are fully protected for their customers as members of ABTA, AITO & ATOL scheme.
For further information please contact email@example.com – 01255 670661