Awareness The Headphone App - V2.1 launched as
US States Consider Outlawing Headphone Wearing Pedestrians
- UK developers offer solution to "Headphone Oblivion"
HOT NEWS HERE
Awareness V2.1 provides a tech solution to planned Anti-iPod legislation. US lawmakers take aim at 'distracted pedestrians,' concerned at recent statistics showing pedestrian fatalities on the increase for the first time in 4 years. Headphones and iPod wearing take the blame. iPhone App Awareness makes users 'Aware' and can save lives.
App can save lives - Google people killed while wearing headphones
- A proposal by Senator Jimmy Jeffress from Crossett would ban pedestrians in Arkansas from wearing headphones in both ears, the ban would also apply to joggers and cyclists.
- A similar proposal by Democratic State Senator Carl Kruger in New York would see civil fine of $100 imposed on anyone crossing a street wearing headphones.
Awareness! is an innovative app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad that picks up ambient sound with a microphone and plays it into headphones simultaneously with music, allowing users to keep their wits about them while wearing headphones.
This is an essential app for music listening pedestrians, drivers, cyclists, bikers and others who need audio awareness for safety's sake.
Awareness The Headphone App - NEW V2.1 Press Release - 2/2/11
New low price of 99c / 59p makes Awareness available to everyone
Awareness! uses the microphone on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad to allow users to listen to their music with total peace of mind, knowing that important sounds, warnings, shouts, sirens, alarms or conversations, won't be missed.
- NEW Upgraded V2.1 available now from the Apple App Store
- be safer on the streets - avoid headphone related accidents - banish headphone oblivion
Awareness The Headphone App - V2.1
- a unique new class of active functional headphone app
- connects iPhone's microphone to iPhone headphones
- feeds the outside world into the music
- for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- coming to Android
- NEW Accessible Pricing - V2.1 is 59c/99p (V1.0 was $4.99/£2.99)
new purchasers pay 59p/99c and they get core functionality plus the chance to buy new features as In-App purchasers. For most users this will cost much less than before
- V2.1 - Early Adopters Bonus
all In-App purchase are FREE for previous purchasers. This version unlocks all the In-App features for free if there is a previous version on the iPhone
- NEW Advanced features as IN-APP PURCHASES
Awareness 59p/99c core version comes with the following spec:
- Mic threshold (manual adjust)
- Mic on/off
- Mic trigger delay
- Vibrate Alarm
- Ducking* (iOS bug stops it from working as smoothly as it should)
NEW IN-APP PURCHASES
AutoPause - NEW (59p/99c In App Purchase)
Pauses and resumes music when the outside noise exceeds the set mic threshold so users never miss a thing! Great for audio books too. Only Works with the iPod Player.
AutoSet (59p/99c In App Purchase)
AutoSet listens to the sounds around the user and automatically sets a microphone threshold to make sure they to hear anything above normal background noise. AutoSet comes on each time the app is fired up and the button on the main screen is tapped.
AutoSet Plus - NEW (£1.19/$1.99 In App Purchase)
Advanced version of AutoSet, checks and adjusts the mic threshold at a set interval of your choice ranging from every 30 secs to every 5 minutes (displayed in the UI). Great on the move.
ClearVoice (59p/99c In App Purchase)
Makes any speech picked up by the mic clearer and easier to hear.
dB Noise Meter - NEW (59p/99c In App Purchase)
Upgrades the app meter to a Noise Meter which measures environmental noise and displays it as a Sound Pressure Level (SPL) measured in decibels. Featuring average dB and dBA scales.
VoiceOver UI - NEW (59p/99c In App Purchase)
A simplified UI designed optimised for VoiceOver. Fully updated after feedback from the partially sighted community
- Full product PR on the PDF
Product info here
Demo video - here
Screenshots - here
- UK developer essency was formed in 2009, a collaboration between experienced sound recording engineers, programmers and musicians. This is the first release in a trio of initial Apps by essency, designed to enhance the usefulness and usability of music playing devices such as the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Android, Symbian, Blackberry, PC and Mac versions will follow.