- Introduction of racing inspired pieces to celebrate 10 year anniversary of Le Mans victory
- New bespoke items enable customers to tailor gifts to individual style
- Young driving enthusiasts can drive their first Bentley with new remote control car
(Crewe, 07 November 2012). As the winter nights draw in, Bentley unwraps its new collection in time for Christmas. Bentley presents a selection of desirable gifts including the timeless Bentley boys and girls range and the newly introduced racing inspired pieces.
To celebrate the 10 year anniversary of Bentley’s victory at the Le Mans 24-hour race, an assortment of beautifully crafted items reflecting a heritage of speed, endurance and true team spirit have been created. The success of Le Mans is celebrated from the retro leather weekend bags through to a distinctive set of espresso cups. The 4 cups are decorated with adventurous imagery and saucers carrying the two winning car numbers, 7 and 8. This gift will be a true joy for those who desire a touch of triumph under the tree this year.
True to the Bentley ethos of building bespoke and hand-crafted cars, the gifts reflect these core values and beliefs. One of the newest additions arrives in the entertaining form of a Geoffrey Parker Games backgammon set which draws on 50 years of hand craftsmanship. This exquisite item and everything it encompasses can be customised to match the specification of the customer’s beloved Bentley. From the hand-bound leather casing to the subtle Bentley wings on each knurled checker, absolutely no detail is overlooked. This bespoke piece allows family fun this season to be tailored to each and every individual household.
The quality of Bentley can be enjoyed by all ages this Christmas with the enchanting assortment of Bentley boys and girls items. Young driving enthusiasts can begin their journey behind the wheel early with the 1:12 scale model remote control Bentley Continental Supersports. Just like the real thing, although not quite reaching the 204mph top speed, this effortless driving experience will be sure to deliver excitement to the lucky recipient.
Lindsay Weaver, Director of Licencing and Branded Goods at Bentley Motors, comments, “The spirit of Bentley can be captured and wrapped this Christmas. From the smallest, most thoughtful gifts to the majestic, unique statement pieces, the latest collection enables Bentley to take pride of place not only on the driveway but under the Christmas tree too.”
For the full collection or to purchase any item from the Bentley Collection, please visit www.shop.bentleymotors.com, the Bentley Boutique at the Bentley Motors Factory in Crewe or your local Bentley dealer.
For further information about this press release please contact:
Julia Marozzi – Head of Lifestyle Communications
Tel + 44 (0) 207 290 7811
Gemma Armstrong – Press Officer
Tel +44 (0) 1270 65 3451
For further information on Bentley please visit:
Media site www.bentleymedia.com
Notes to editors
1. Bentley Motors is the third largest R&D investor in the UK's automotive sector and the 18th largest nationally. The company employs around 4,000 people in Crewe which is home to all its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury vehicle manufacturers such as Bentley. It is also an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. Bentley exports over £500m worth of goods every year to established markets like the US, as well as emerging markets such as China and South America.
2. In the first nine months of 2012 Bentley’s global sales were up by 25% with 5,969 cars delivered to customers and growth in every region. The Americas remain Bentley’s largest global region with 1750 deliveries (up by 29%) whilst in China deliveries were up by 25.7% to 1525 cars. In Europe deliveries were up by 20% (950 cars delivered) and by 9.6% in the UK (854 cars delivered). The Middle East significantly increased its deliveries by 42.7% (531 cars) and deliveries were also up 34.7% in Asia Pacific (229 cars delivered). Deliveries in Japan rose by 68.8% to 130 cars.
In 1919, an engineering genius obsessed by speed W.O. focused on his dream, creating a car bearing his name. That October the first Bentley engine came to life.
During the 1920’s Bentley went from strength to strength. Racing triumphs proved reliability, speed and incredible performance. Sales soared. These were the years of the Bentley Boys. Extraordinary adventures followed by extravagant victorious celebrations.
Five glorious Le Mans victories and a successful return in 2003 secured the sixth historical win.
2009 marks 90 years of W.O. Bentley’s legacy. True to the unique heritage, contemporary Bentleys are capable of extraordinary speeds, exquisitely handcrafted and beautifully engineered.
It is this distinguished heritage that is the essence of Bentley. Passion and dedication. Then and now. It is not without looking back into its remarkable history that Bentley can move forward. Embracing modern technology, while ensuring W.O. Bentley’s ambitions are not lost. Traditional craftsmanship, ultimate luxury and ambitious environmental policies.
The story is only just beginning.