Ramblers Worldwide Holiday – the experts in guided walking adventures across the globe – is offering two challenging treks embracing some of Europe’s most spectacular scenery.
A fortnight’s guided walking holiday Across the Alps from Bavaria’s Allgäu, through Austria and Switzerland into Italy.This is RWH’s most popular hutting holiday with 3000m peaks, high passes and gorges.
This dramatic adventure begins in Oberstdorf where one heads to tranquil Kaisertal, thence across the Lechtal Alps to St Anton.Next one climbs through the Verwall Mountains over the Kappeler Joch before descending to the Paznauntal for an overnight stay in Ischgl.
From here one crosses into Switzerland into the glorious Heidelberger Hütte then onto the Fimber Pass at 2608m descending into the spectacular scenic haven of the Swiss Engadine.
At the Sesvenna hut in Italy, a ‘free day’ enables one to climb the Rasass Peak (2941m) with views of three countries before arriving at Mals in Italy.
Price from £1,299 per person includes return flights, full board accommodation (mountain huts and village pensions) and the services of a dedicated tour leader. Departures 28 July and 11 August 2016.
The next trekking option is the Salzburger Almenweg – a fortnight’s holiday spanning ‘Almen’ – Austrian mountain farms.Occupied solely in summer, most are off the beaten track and only visited occasionally by walkers and hunters.The mountain farms offer sustenance to hikers, with home made cheese and meat for lunches and accommodation for those in need of a bed for the night.
The Salzburger Almenweg is a 220 mile trail linking 120 of the 500 Almen in the Salzburg region.RWH has chosen the first 100 miles of the trail enabling clients to savour a mountain farmer’s simple way of life – with a blend of traditional farming and warm hospitality.
Accommodation is either in ‘lagers’ (usually about 10 mattresses or bunks) or in smaller rooms with one to four bunks.
Price from £1,299 per person includes return flights, transfers, full board accommodation (mountain huts) and the services of a dedicated tour leader.Departs 25 July 2016.
01707 33 11 33
- Award-winning Ramblers Worldwide Holidays have been established since 1946 and are the experts in small group guided walking adventures.
- The company now operates 250 holidays in 70 countries.
- Their portfolio also includes specialist holidays linked to walking such as, cooking, cruising, birdwatching, rail journeys and flora.
- Ramblers Worldwide Holidays offer a range of graded walks from leisurely to challenging which are highlighted via a new easy to understand grading system.
- A range of walking grades are available from leisurely strolls to more challenging mountain hikes.
- View the Online Brochure Now – click here.
- Alongside their traditional guided walking proposition, Ramblers Worldwide Holidays provide independent, self-guided UK walking holidays via their Load Off Your Back programme www.loadoffyourback.co.uk
- The company’s mission is to generate funds for walking charities by the provision of outstanding outdoor activity holidays.
- The operator is a not-for-profit company and contributes monies to the Ramblers Holidays Charitable Trust which supports walking related and environmental projects in the UK. The company also funds Heart & Sole - an initiative managed by company staff, with the aim of reaching into the heart of the communities visited.
- Ramblers Worldwide Holidays also runs The Walking Partnership - an initiative which champions walking at the 'grass roots' level by providing funding and support to walking groups and clubs throughout the UK.
- Ramblers Worldwide Holidays is the Walking Holiday Partner of the Ramblers, Britain's walking charity whose aim is to protect and expand the places people love to walk, promoting walking for health and pleasure and responsible for the recent Big Pathwatch project.
- Ramblers Worldwide Holidays are fully protected for their customers as members of ABTA, AITO & ATOL scheme.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org – 01255 670661