CORKS OUT OFFERS FREE NATIONAL DELIVERY ON ORDERS OF £40+
Independent wine merchant Corks Out has taken the bold move of offering free national delivery for orders with a value of £40 or over.
Unlike some of the high street competition, there is no stipulation on the number of bottles. Whether the order is on just one bottle of rare malt, a single bottle of prestige champagne or a mixed case of wine, Corks Out is offering free delivery provided the total comes to £40 or more.
What’s more, the service includes timed delivery within a 1- hour slot. Customers also have the option to change the delivery time when they receive a text from the courier company on the morning of the delivery.
Free delivery for £40+ comes just ahead of the re-launch of www.corksout.com in August 2012. A new layout, improved navigation and a big emphasis on social media will be in place to improve the shopping experience for customers and expand awareness of Corks Out as a national online wine retailer.
Owner Ruth Yates says,
‘We’re really determined to grow our online sales and that means being competitive. Obviously, we don’t have the scale of some of the other high street merchants, so we’ve had to think about what we can do differently. Before launching the offer, we did a lot of research into how people were browsing and shopping on www.corksout.com. We’re now seeing a very encouraging uplift in online sales, which proves our theory that psychologically, the offer of free delivery helps to convert browsers into customers!’
For further press information, please contact Jen MacDonald
tel. 07970 282 179
- Estabished in 2003, Corks Out is an award-winning independent wine merchant with 5 shops across Cheshire and Merseyside and a thriving online retail business.
- Independent Spirit Retailer of the Year 2012, Drinks Retailing Awards
- Large Independent Wine Merchant of the Year 2011, International Wine Challenge
- Retailer of the Year 2011 Warrington Business Awards
- Small Business of the Year 2011 Warrington Business Awards
- Business Person of the Year 2011 Warrington Business Awards
- Top Merchant Best Retailer Award 2011
- Independent Wine Retailer 2011 National Drinks Retailing Awards
- Online retail accounts for 12% of Corks Out’s annual business turnover with 85% of online sales coming from London and the Home Counties.
- The average online customer transaction is £101 compared with an in-store spend of £68
Founded in 2003 by Ruth Yates, Corks Out is a well-established, family run Independent WineMerchant in the North West of England, with 5 wine stores in Stockton Heath, Alderley Edge, Chester, Heswall and Timperley. The company has won a string of awards, as is widely seen as a leading light in the wine retail industry. It stocks a great range of champagnes and iconic wines, seeking out unusual and interesting product for its customers. The company launched its web site in 2009 and provides next day delivery of wines, whisky’s and champagnes throughout the UK and Europe.