This surge in demand is not unexpected due to the rising need for data protection in a business environment that depends so heavily on technology. The day to day running of a business requires heavy protection of a vast and complex amount of information and therefore IT security specialists are in great demand – even in low UK economic growth.
This is further highlighted by the media giving high profile to cyber-attacks, corporate data losses and identity theft.
Average permanent salaries in the sector have also seen a substantial rise of 16% per annum. Furthermore, IT security contract jobs on average have a daily rate of £450 – up 6% on last year.
Highlights from the latest IT security salary information, shows the following:
- The average salary for an IT security or related job is £55,000 p.a.
- A rise of almost 16% on salaries for permanent positions on 2011 for the same period
- London and the South-east has the highest salaries for IT Security jobs
- CISSP is the most wanted skill for IT Security jobs with 32% of job descriptions including this as a required skill
- 1/30 of IT jobs advertised in the last three months were IT Security jobs
A spokesman for ITSecurityjobs.co.uk said: “IT security jobs are more important now than ever, and are only set to rise as demand for new technologies increase as well as the methods of protecting it. The numbers of IT security jobs is a great indication of this rising trend and the increased salaries are a great incentive to encourage IT professionals in to this field.”
Data Source: IT Jobs Watch: 05 July 2012
Technojobs is an award winning website, with over 15,000 new jobs advertised monthly. Online since 1999, Technojobs have 12 years experience in IT recruitment serving the IT, Electronics, Engineering, Telecoms sectors. Technojobs currently has over 200,000 registered candidates and works with many top agencies and blue chip corporates including Apple, O2, T-mobile, The Royal Household, HMRC and Accenture.