The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
GUMAMM for month ending 31st December 2010.
This data shows the number of first attendances to a GUM clinic for each clinic provider, how many of these attendances were offered an appointment within 48 hours and how many were seen within 48 hours. Main findings are:
- The percentage of 1st appointments offered within 48 hours was 99.83% for December 2010, it was 99.33% for November 2010.
- The percentage of 1st attendances seen within 48 hours as a proportion of the total number of 1st attendances was 90.18% for December 2010, it was 88.63% for November 2010.
- The total number of 1st attendances was 95,615 in December 2010 which is 4,553 per working day, it was 5,521 per working day in November 2010.
- The total number of attendances was 137,115 in December 2010 which is 6,529 per working day, it was 7,868 per working day in November 2010.
- The collection covers 142 NHS providers & 2 Independent Sector providers that are responsible for 203 GUM clinics providing type 3 services.
Full details of the statistics can be found at:
Phone: For enquiries please contact the issuing dept