The UK’s leading car hire and insurance specialist, Moneymaxim.co.uk offers some top tips on car hire and child safety.
- Holidaymakers are urged to book early this summer to avoid sharp car hire price hikes
- Families with children need to consider innovative ways of keeping the costs of extras such children’s car seats to a minimum.
A number of families may have taken advantage of the recent Bank Holiday weekend to go on holiday or visit friends and family, however, the high cost of car hire, and all the associated extras is driving mums and dads mad when it comes to budgeting for a break.
Busy parents frantically preparing for their summer holiday may be stung by the high price of car hire and car hire insurance, as well as other associated expenses that many might not have thought of.
Mark Bower, Managing Director at www.moneymaxim.co.uk explains;
“Sky-high car rental costs during the kids school holidays combined with leaving things to the last minute leaves many families with a financial headache as they end up paying more for car hire and additional child safety features.
“By taking the time to book your car hire before you head on holiday and plan for the extras rather than having to accept what’s on offer as you have left it to the last minute could mean you could end with big savings.
“Moneymaxim could help save you cash on your car hire today by comparing the best deals on the market for both car hire and car hire insurance. The Moneymaxim Car Hire Comparison Service can not only help you find a fantastic car rental deal but cheaper car hire insurance as well, and the combined savings can be substantial.”
Top tips for parents looking for car hire:
- Parents looking for car hire will need to consider the child safety features of the vehicle and whether they need to rent a child safety seat as well.
- Child seats could be tattered and worn so check that you hire out an up-to-date model and it has not been involved in a crash.
- In the UK, it is a legal requirement that children under the age of 12 or 135 cm have the appropriate child restraints.* It would be advisable to check the legal requirements of your holiday destination.
- Child seats may be subject to availability and so it could be worth booking in advance so that you don’t get caught short.
- As an alternative consider taking your own – the Trunki BoostApak Car booster seat & backpack or the Bubblebum can both be found on sites such as Amazon from around £25.
* When your child needs a car seat
About moneymaxim.co.uk: Launched in 2008 by Mark Bower moneymaxim.co.uk aims to deliver an impartial and independent service both online and through telephone money saving specialists.
Visit: www.moneymaxim.co.uk for more money saving advice and information. The website won The Best Niche Insurance Aggregator Award 2010 from The Money Awards. For more information call Dale Lovell, 01753 859 588 or email: email@example.com