Finding the right Surveyor

Press Release   •   Oct 09, 2010 11:41 BST

So when it comes to buying land or a property for commercial reasons, which type of surveyor is needed? A Chartered Surveyor covers these requirements, and they specialise in the property and land aspects of commercial buying. Their job is to survey and then advise on the value and complete specification of the proposed purchase.

The best way to find a Chartered Surveyor is through the RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) or through a respected directory. A thorough directory will list all available survey companies in a local region, and give brief details of the company history and what they offer.

The reason why they are perfect for businesses looking to invest in a building, is because they cover every aspect required when it comes to funding a purchase through a bank loan or pension fund. A Chartered Survey will show any problems or defects with structural deficits, and also analyse the land on which the building stands for any problems like flood plains or radon gases.

Another part of their practice, especially in the 21st Century, is to advise on environmental issues. With sustainability at the forefront of green business and local government incentives, buying new offices which are in-efficient and outdated is something to beware of. Surveyors enrolled with the RICS are qualified to give reports on these issues.

The surveyors directory is a comprehensive resource for finding a UK based surveying service. They cover chartered, land and environmental fields and have company information for all live listings.

The Survey Directory list all major UK surveyors and is the best resource for finding a surveying company in the country. Released by, search engine optimisation and website marketing.