News release – photos of cups here
Edinburgh, 25th June 2013
Cappuccino Ads launch #FindYulia eco cups to help find missing Edinburgh student
Edinburgh advertising enterprise Cappuccino Ads are distributing thousands of #FindYulia cups to independent cafes across the capital to help find missing student Yulia Solodyankina. The face of the missing student and contact details for police enquiries will be posted on thousands of compostable cups made by Edinburgh-based eco packaging firm, Vegware.
Co-founders of Cappuccino Ads Ian LeBruce and Alex Pope said: “We just want to help save Yulia’s life. If one of us went missing we’d like to think someone would look out for us too. We are paying for this out of our own pocket, and we’ve set up a GoFundMe page to encourage the public to help donate towards this cause. 100% of all donations will go towards the #FindYulia cups”.
Yulia Solodyankina, aged 22, studies Physics at Edinburgh University. She was last seen at The Wee Red Bar in Lady Lawson Street on June 7. She speaks fluent English with a strong Russian accent; she is around 5ft 6ins tall, medium build, with long dark brown hair, and has a small mole on her cheek.
Cappuccino Ads provides free eco-friendly coffee cups paid for by advertising revenue and distributes to around 150 independent cafes across Edinburgh. The cups are compostable and recyclable, so can be recycled either with food waste or with card.
Edinburgh-based Vegware is the UK’s first and only completely compostable food packaging firm. Its full range of plastic-free products is low-carbon and is made from recycled or annually-renewable materials, and can be recycled with food waste. In April 2013, Vegware won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development and was also named the UK’s best small business in the FSB Streamline UK Business Awards.
Notes to editor:
1. Donations for #FindYulia campaign can be made via GoFundMe. 100% of all donations goes towards Cappuccino Ads’ #FindYulia cups.
2. For more information about Edinburgh advertising enterprise Cappuccino Ads, click here
3. Vegware has won a total of 28 awards and accolades, including two Scottish Parliamentary Motions – full list here.
4. Vegware’s zero waste initiative The Food Waste Network is mapping all UK trade food waste collections by postcode, and offers a free matchmaking service for any UK business seeking food waste recycling. www.foodwastenetwork.org.uk
5. From 1st January 2014, all Scottish businesses will be required to recycle, including many having to introduce food waste recycling – full info here.
6. Vegware is a Founding Supporter of WRAP’s Hospitality and Foodservice Agreement which is uniting the foodservice sector around two targets: reducing food and associated packaging waste by 5% and recycling over 70%. Vegware’s pledge to support this is the Food Waste Network – see our HaFSA blog Food Waste Stories.
7. The Vegware Community Fund gives small monthly grants to 13 non-profit sustainability projects, with a new recipient being added every quarter as Vegware grows – info here.
Ian LeBruce, Co-founder, Cappuccino Ads Ltd
Kathryn Rezai, Communications Executive, Vegware
Vegware is a pioneer in the development and manufacture of eco friendly catering disposables and food packaging. Our products are stylish, functional, economic and sustainable. The Vegware range spans cutlery through to tableware, napkins hot and cold drink cups, and takeaway packaging. Vegware operates in Europe, North America, South Africa and Australia.
Vegware Ltd is registered in Scotland, company number SC331521 at Canalside House, 43-45 Polwarth Crescent, Edinburgh, EH11 1HS. Information on Vegware US, Inc can be found at www.vegware.us.