Ramblers Worldwide Holidays – the experts in guided walking adventures across the globe – have just launched their new brochure, jam-packed with new holiday ideas for late 2016 / 2017.Included is this latest holiday to Sri Lanka.
For the first time all local transport costs inconnection with the walking programme in 2017 will be included in the holiday price, and no credit card charges– making them even better value for money!
Birds and Wildlife of Sri Lanka– a 17 day specialist tour providing an opportunity to enjoy exceptional birds and mammals – both terrestrial and marine.The country is a naturalists’ paradise with 430 species of birdlife and a good chance of encountering leopard, sloth bear Asian elephant and Blue Whale.
Highlights include, Colombo’ a visit to the mangroves of Waikkal; wetland birds including, stork, herons, kingfishers and waders; Kandy in the lush tropical highlands, habitat to flameback woodpeckers and parakeets, Hill Swallow, Sri Lanka Swallow, Pied Thrush and Kashmir Flycatchers; Nuwara Eliya and the Horton Plains with endemics like the Ceylon Whistling Thrush, Yellow-eared Bulbul and Ceylon White-eye; Kithulgala with its Serendip Scops Owl, Yellow-billed Coucal and Red Slender Loris; the Sinharaja Forest Reserve with fascinating species like the Sri Lanka Junglefowl, Ceylon Frogmouth, Red-faced Malkoha, Blue Magpie, Purple-faced Leaf Money and Giant Squirrel; the National Parks of Udawalawe – famed for its Asian elephants; Yala with its stunning rock outcrops; leopards, sloth bears and deer herds; Mirissa for a boat trip to view Blue Whale, Short-finned Pilot Whale and Spinner Dolphins at close range.
Price from £2,399 per person includes return flights, transfers, half board accommodation and the services of a dedicated tour leader.Departures 27 February and 12 November 2017.
01707 33 11 33
- Award-winning Ramblers Worldwide Holidays have been established since 1946 and are the experts in small group guided walking adventures.
- The company now operates 250 holidays in 70 countries.
- Their portfolio also includes specialist holidays linked to walking such as, cooking, cruising, birdwatching, rail journeys and flora.
- Ramblers Worldwide Holidays offer a range of graded walks from leisurely to challenging which are highlighted via a new easy to understand grading system.
- A range of walking grades are available from leisurely strolls to more challenging mountain hikes.
- View the Online Brochure Now – click here.
- Alongside their traditional guided walking proposition, Ramblers Worldwide Holidays provide independent, self-guided UK walking holidays via their Load Off Your Back programme www.loadoffyourback.co.uk
- The company’s mission is to generate funds for walking charities by the provision of outstanding outdoor activity holidays.
- The operator is a not-for-profit company and contributes monies to the Ramblers Holidays Charitable Trust which supports walking related and environmental projects in the UK. The company also funds Heart & Sole - an initiative managed by company staff, with the aim of reaching into the heart of the communities visited.
- Ramblers Worldwide Holidays also runs The Walking Partnership - an initiative which champions walking at the 'grass roots' level by providing funding and support to walking groups and clubs throughout the UK.
- Ramblers Worldwide Holidays is the Walking Holiday Partner of the Ramblers, Britain's walking charity whose aim is to protect and expand the places people love to walk, promoting walking for health and pleasure and responsible for the recent Big Pathwatch project.
- Ramblers Worldwide Holidays are fully protected for their customers as members of ABTA, AITO & ATOL scheme.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org – 01255 670661