Companiesandmarkets.com

Global omega-3 products market: $33 billion industry in 2012

Press Release   •   Jul 04, 2013 12:41 BST

The global omega-3 products market as well as supplements had an estimated retail value of US$33 billion in 2012. Food and drink, which includes milk formula, comprises 90% of this, whilst supplements makes up the remaining 10%. This retail value is for omega-3 in the packaged format.

Health and wellness packaged food and beverages is driven by two overriding trends. On the one hand, there is demand for better overall nutrition in terms of a well-balanced diet from more natural sources, but with lower sugar, fat and salt content.

However, on the other hand, innovation is occurring in functional food and drink products to target particular health positionings, such as weight management, cardiovascular health and even beauty from within. This approach is more aligned with pharmaceutical products, but offers consumers added value.

For more information on the Global omega-3 products market, please click here: Global omega-3 products market

Companiesandmarkets.com issues news updates and report summaries covering all major industries and sectors. The service provides additional client monitoring and timely alerts to breaking industry and sector news leading the day's business headlines. News articles, written by our staff, contain additional analyst insight, providing value added insight for our readers. News updates and real-time alerts on newly-released market reports are also available from our Facebook page, Twitter feed @CandMResearch and RSS links. We also welcome inquiries from business journalists and the news media.