The Highways Agency has awarded a new contract to supply, manage and support vehicles used by the Agency’s Traffic Officer service.
The Highways Agency is changing the method by which vehicles and related services are procured and delivered, and the new contract provides for:
* the provision and re-supply of approximately 207 vehicles on a contract hire basis;
* maintenance and fleet vehicle support services;
* fleet management.
The contract, worth up to £20m, has been awarded to support services company, VT Group.
Notes to editors
Issued by the Highways Agency. For further information please contact Mark Powell on 0121 687 4078. Media enquiries out of hours should be made to the Highways Agency National Press Office (24hrs) on 0207 081 7443.
The Highways Agency is an executive agency of the Department for Transport. We manage, maintain and improve England’s motorways and trunk roads on behalf of the Secretary of State.
The Highways Agency Traffic Officer service was set up in spring 2004 in the West Midlands and extended across England in 2005. The service operates from seven Regional Control Centres, along with a series of outstations where Traffic Officers and vehicles are based.
Traffic Officers patrol the strategic road network 24 hours a day 365 days of the year in 4WD specialist vehicles, with the aim of responding to incidents as quickly as possible. Traffic Officer vehicles are required to carry a range of equipment needed to handle incidents such as broken down vehicles, accidents, or supporting drivers and passengers caught in adverse weather conditions.
Real-time traffic information for England’s motorways and major A roads is available:
* From our Traffic Radio service, available on DAB digital radio and the internet at www.trafficradio.org.uk To tune into the DAB service, simply press the "scan" button on your radio. The radio will tune into all available channels and you can select the new service by scrolling through the channels until you reach "Traffic Radio".
* From the web at www.highways.gov.uk/traffic or www.highways.gov.uk/mobile if using a phone or mobile device.
Before using any mobile, find a safe place to park. Never stop on the hard shoulder of a motorway except in an emergency. Make sure it’s safe and legal before you call.
* By phone from the Highways Agency 24-hour voice activated phone service on 08700 660 115. (Calls from BT residential landlines to 0870 numbers will cost no more than 8p per minute; call charges from other landlines and mobile networks may vary).
Phone: For enquiries please contact the above department