Leading oil and gas body the Intervention & Coiled Tubing Association (ICoTA) is inviting nominations for its prestigious European Chapter Innovation Award.
The annual award, which closes on Friday, 1 October, recognises a service company or operator for the application of technical innovation in the area of well intervention.
The winner will be announced at the SPE/ICoTA European Well Intervention Round Table at Aberdeen Exhibition & Conference Centre on 17 November, where they will be presented with a trophy and award.
ICoTA Europe chairman Daniele Petrone said: “Our award really highlights the many exciting new technologies being deployed in well intervention, and existing technologies being used in an innovative way.
“It also supports our aims of enhancing communication, gathering technical expertise and promoting safety, competency and industry accepted practices.
“We are eager to see as many entrants as possible because we feel it is important that companies are acknowledged for the value and innovation that they bring to the industry.
“The winner’s success in pushing forward the boundaries of well intervention and coiled tubing technology will be recognised at not only the round table event in Aberdeen, but through ICoTA internationally and the wider industry.“
For further information about the ICoTA European Chapter Innovation Award and to download the entry form visit www.icota-europe.com/
Note to Editors:
ICoTA is a worldwide, not-for-profit, member-funded organisation active in the oil and gas industry and made up of oil and service companies. ICoTA provides a global network of professionals, engineers and technical experts across all well intervention disciplines though a series of events. Its aim is to promote the value of well intervention solutions within the oil and gas industry and to raise awareness of well intervention as a worthy discipline for new entrants.
The ICoTA European chapter is headquartered in Aberdeen. For further information on the organisation and its latest activities please visit the website www.icota-europe.com
The ICoTA European Chapter Innovation Award
The aim of the award is to recognise a service company or operator for the application of technical innovation in the area of well intervention. Entries will be judged by the Committee of ICoTA European Chapter.
Judging Criteria and Guidelines for Entries
· Technology - either new technology or existing technology used in an innovative way
· Application - where is the innovation being applied and what does it do
· Value to the industry - why did you use this technology? For example, to reduce risk, increase recovery, improve safety or minimise environmental impact
Conditions for Award
The technology should have been either:
· Developed in Europe, Africa, Middle & Far East and applied elsewhere, or
· Developed elsewhere and applied for the first time in the Europe, Africa, Middle & Far East
· The technology must have been applied within the last 18 months
· The award may be presented for a variation of a theme rather than a entirely new technology
· The award may recognise the general nurturing of new technology rather than a single project
Andrew Bradshaw, Fifth Ring Integrated Corporate Communications, 01463 717103 or email@example.com
Hannah Blewett, Fifth Ring Integrated Corporate Communications on 01224 626288 or firstname.lastname@example.org