Officers investigating a series of burglaries in Fareham and Gosport are releasing images of items they believe could have been stolen.
In February we released an appeal highlighting eleven burglaries that had taken place in the towns since November.
We’re now keen to establish if any of the items pictured have been stolen.
A 29 year-old woman from Locks Heath has been arrested on suspicion of burglary as part of our enquiries. She remains in custody at this time.
A 35 year-old man from Gosport has also been arrested on suspicion of offences including burglary as part of our enquiries. He has been released from custody without charge, but remains under investigation.
Detective Sergeant Deborah Mason said: ”Do you recognise any of these items of jewellery? You may not realise that they’ve been stolen, but if you haven’t been able to find them in recent months, we’re keen to hear from you.
“Please have a careful look and give us a call on 101 if you can help us to reunite these items with their owners if they have been stolen”.
You can read our original appeal here: http://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/hampshire-constabulary/pressreleases/renewed-appeal-following-burglaries-in-hill-head-lee-on-the-solent-alverstoke-and-fareham-2837525
We’d like to take this opportunity to remind you of the following crime prevention advice:
- Shut all windows and lock them when you are not using the room, at night and when you leave your property
- Lock all front and rear doors at night and when you are out. If you have a UPVC door with a multi-point lock ensure you lift the handle and lock it with the key. Remove the key after the door or window is locked.
- Put all car keys and other keys out of sight and not in reach of windows and letterboxes. It doesn't take much for the keys to be hooked through the letterbox.
- Leave a light on so your home looks occupied if you are going out for the evening. If you head out while it is still daylight and won't be back till after dark then timer switches (available from most DIY stores) can be useful for turning your lights, radios and other appliances on at a set time before you get back.
- Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property.
- Do not leave ladders and garden tools in your garden; lock them away in your shed.
- Have an intruder alarm system installed by an approved contractor. Ensure a visible alarm box is attached to the outside of your home. Also consider fitting security lighting.
- Use door chains and spy holes to give you extra security if someone knocks on your door. Never be afraid to turn people away. If you have concerns about anyone who has come to your door call the police.
- Record the details of your property such as serial numbers for electronic goods on the Immobilise website (https://www.immobilise.com/)
Anyone with information is asked to call us on 101, quoting 44190106857.
Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.