Ingle & Rhode, the UKs principal retailer of ethical jewellery produced using conflict-free diamonds and pre-certified fair trade gold, wishes to draw your attention to Action for Southern Africa’s (ACTSA) annual fund-raising dinner.
This glamourous event is taking place on Friday 26 November 2010 at South Africa House, Trafalgar Square, London, and will be attended by the South African High Commissioner and his wife, leading trade unionists and veterans of the Anti Apartheid Movement.
Formed in 1994 as the successor organisation to the Anti-Apartheid Movement in Britain, ACTSA works with the people of southern Africa, campaigning to build a future of peace, justice and democracy across the region. With its Africa Regional focus, ACSTA has been successful in ensuring South African voices are heard in corporate boardrooms, parliaments and governments across Britain and Europe. All of this has been possible with the help of its supporters.
To help raise funds for ACTSA, Ingle & Rhode has donated a bespoke African-themed pendant in solid pre-certified fair trade 18ct gold to be auctioned at the annual fund-raising dinner. The successful bidder will have the pendant designed to their specifications by Ingle & Rhode in yellow or white gold and set with up to 20 conflict-free diamonds.
Commenting on the auction, David Rhode, founder director of Ingle & Rhode said "We are delighted to be able to help support Action for South Africa (ACTSA) and hope that this auction will help it continue to do its very important work.
ACTSA is a membership organisation campaigning with the people of southern Africa for justice, democracy and development in the region. ACTSA was established in 1994 as the successor organisation to the Anti-Apartheid Movement (AAM), to develop and promote solidarity in the UK and internationally with southern Africa. ACTSA works to:
- promote and consolidate peace and democracy throughout southern Africa
- ensure that southern Africa remains a priority for the international community
- promote new bonds of solidarity to empower the people of southern Africa
- ensure the UK public are informed about developments in southern Africa
- mobilise support for the governments and people of southern Africa in their efforts to promote reconstruction and development throughout the region
- help shape and monitor the policies of governments and organisations such as the EU and the IMF, so they support the vision of a new southern Africa
- campaign so that trade, investment and aid relationships are beneficial to the region as a whole and do not reinforce existing inequalities.
As part of our campaigning strategy we collaborate with a number of other organisations in areas of development and equality. Our current coalitions are:
- Stop AIDS Campaign
- Stop Climate Chaos
- Trade Justice Movement
- Stamp out Poverty
There are many different ways to get involved in ACTSA’s work. For more information, including how you can become a member or affiliate to ACTSA, visit http://www.actsa.org
About Ingle & Rhode
Ingle & Rhode is one of London's leading bespoke jewellers. Passionate about creating beautiful fine jewellery, we are also committed to the highest standards of ethical sourcing. This means that we ensure that our diamonds and gems are conflict-free and cut and polished by adults working in good conditions and for fair pay, and make our jewellery from pre-certified fair trade gold and recycled platinum. Specialising in bespoke engagement rings and ethical diamond jewellery, all of our pieces are made to order in the UK.
To learn more about Ingle & Rhode, visit http://www.ingleandrhode.co.uk or call us on 020 7917 9515.