A recent test purchase operation in Petersfield saw seven premises take a responsible approach to preventing underage alcohol sales.
The operation, which took place earlier this month, involved two 17 year old volunteers visiting seven venues.
All venues passed the test by refusing entry on the door or refusing service at the bar when the two girls tried to buy an alcoholic drink.
The premises are:
- Black Sheep, Sheep Street, Petersfield
- The George, The Square, Petersfield
- Square Brewery, The Square, Petersfield
- Townhouse, High Street, Petersfield
- Red Lion, College Street, Petersfield
- Folly, College Street, Petersfield
- Charles Street Tap, Charles Street, Petersfield
East Hampshire Chief Inspector Alex Reading said: “We are delighted that all these premises passed the test with flying colours.
“The 100% pass rate is a credit to these venues, their staff and their training practices.
“We carry out these checks to ensure venues have the right training and processes in place.
“Operations like this reduce the risk of young people being involved in anti social behaviour, committing offences or becoming a victim of crime themselves.
“We will continue to run test purchase operations throughout the year to help keep our communities safe.”