Seglora Church (Seglora kyrka) comes from a parish in Västergötland. The old wooden church dating from 1730 was abandoned when a new church, built of stone, was erected in 1903. The wooden church was moved to Skansen in 1916 and found a new lease of life as one of Sweden’s most popular churches for weddings.
Services are held in the church on some Sundays and feast days and concerts are also held there.
The church was built of local materials; the plinth is of gneiss and the walls made of wood. Both the roof and the walls are lined with oak shingles on the outside and these are painted with a mixture of tar and traditional red paint. The tower was built in the 1780s. Prior to that the bells hung in a separate belfry.
The church is whitewashed within. The barrel-vaulted ceiling was painted in 1735. Starting in the chancel one can follow scenes from the life of Jesus arranged clockwise round the ceiling. In the middle of the roof is the symbol of God’s all-seeing eye: a pink triangle bearing the name Yahweh in Hebrew letters.
Although the furnishings are from different periods, the church nevertheless gives a unified impression. The altar-piece was painted in 1780 while the pulpit, from an earlier church, dates from about 1700. The grandfather clock by the altar was moved to the church in 1861. Prior to that the priest made use of the hour glasses on the pulpit. The organ is from 1770.
Hanging in the porch is a long rod that the verger used for waking parishioners who fell asleep during the sermon. Each farm had its own pews in the church. Women and men sat on opposite sides of the aisle; women to the left and men to the right. This custom lived on in the countryside into the 20th century.
The churchyard is based on the older parts of the churchyard at Seglora. The wall is of local gneiss. There are three gravestones from Seglora and four crosses from Rackeby church in Västergötland in the churchyard but there are no actual graves.