LONDON, UK – 15 October 2010 – Brandon Watson, Director of Developer Experience at Microsoft has been confirmed as the opening keynote speaker at the Mobile App World conference, taking place in London on 19 and 20 October.
“We are delighted to confirm that Brandon will be joining us and delivering the opening keynote address, said Shaun Pinney, Director of Mobile App World. “Having such a high profile speaker would be great for our delegates at any time, but with Microsoft‟s launch of the WP7 operating system it will be even more exciting for the attending developers and marketers.”
Other speakers confirmed for Mobile App World include:
- Shaun Gregory, Managing Director at O2 Media who will deliver the keynote address on day two of the conference on the subject of content opportunities in an app market.
- Ben Combee, Senior Developer Relations Engineer at HP/Palm, who will discuss the solutions to the fragmentation of app stores and the issues this presents developers.
- Ilja Laurs, CEO of GetJar who will discuss „The New World Order: Moving from Clicking to Tapping and what this means for brand‟.
- Ilicco Elia, Head of Consumer Mobile Products at Thomson Reuters who will discuss adding value to paid-for content against free-to-download models.
- George Voulgaris, Project Partner at webinos who will discuss what 2011 holds for mobile apps and how the app delivery environment will change next year.
- John Bush, Managing Partner, Envisage Engagement Management, will cover CRM and ROI for apps and asks if marketers are really brave enough to measure the ROI of their investment.
- James Connolly, CEO of Fetch Media will present the findings of a consumer survey commissioned especially for Mobile App World
- Matt Johnson and Doron Reuvini from UTest will discuss how to launch apps that users will love.
Themed „Delivering the Future of Apps‟ the two-day conference consists of sessions and workshops led by speakers from all parts of the mobile ecosystem and will see discussion on app creation and promotion to ensure the real business benefits from apps, not just hype. Mobile App World aims to encourage tangible benefits for marketers to take away and implement. To encourage this, the event is providing agencies the opportunity to bring a client for free with a two-for-the-price-of-one ticket promotion.
“The Mobile App World programme will provide a platform for some the world‟s leading thinkers on apps to share their thoughts and experiences about exactly what it takes to develop an app that delivers real business value and not to just satisfy a client who wants an app because of all the hype they see,” Pinney said.
The conference programme will feature the inaugural Mobile App World Awards at the end of day one of the conference, which will recognise the best in app creation and strategies and the names behind them in the global app world.
The event has also set up a special discount rate for start-up business who would like to attend, for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register and for more information on Mobile App World 2010 please visit www.mobileappsworld.net
Media Contact Sandhya Shyam T: +44 (0)20 7033 2660 E: email@example.com