Mitie’s security management business has today announced a licensed training partnership with Maybo, the leading organisation in conflict management training.
Maybo will deliver bespoke healthcare security training to Mitie’s security officers working within the healthcare sector to further enhance their knowledge and ability to deal with conflict and challenging behaviours experienced in hospital settings.
“As one of the largest security providers to the NHS and private healthcare sector, it is our duty to ensure that we equip our people with the knowledge, tools and skills to ensure the safety of patients, visitors and staff in what can be extremely challenging environments” Jason Towse, Managing Director of Mitie’s security business explains.
Each officer will be trained in a variety of healthcare specific security topics including:
- Understanding and managing clinically related challenging behaviours
- Advanced conflict management and de-escalation skills
- Mental health awareness including psychosis and dementia
- The protection of vulnerable people
- The implications of key legislation and guidance relating to mental health and capacity and restrictive practices
- Substance abuse and the effects on behaviour
- Training will also include missing person response and the medical implications of issues such as asphyxia, delirium and serotonin syndrome
The extensive training Maybo provides is in line with guidance from BILD, NHS Protect, Department of Health, Skills for Health and Royal College of Nursing.
Bill Fox, Chairmanfrom Maybo said:
“Hospitals are both challenging and rewarding environments for security professionals to operate in. Mitie specialises in this sector and we are delighted to support its commitment to developing the confidence and capability of it healthcare security officers.”
For further information, contact:
Lauren Hepburn, Investor and Public Relations Manager, Mitie Group plc T:+44 20 3123 8720 E:firstname.lastname@example.org
John Telling, Corporate Affairs Director, Mitie Group plc
T:+44 20 3123 8673 E:email@example.com