Technology is a first for the UK Facilities management industry.
Mitie has today announced the launch of the first thermal imaging drone to be used in the facilities management (FM) industry.
The thermal imaging technology is the next stage of development for Mitie’s pest control drone service, announced earlier this year. The drone, named Inspire 1, will enable Mitie to deliver a wide range of services, from pest control to property and waste management. The thermal imaging applications for the Inspire 1 also include:
- Building damage inspections and maintenance, in areas that aren’t readily visible
- Wildlife management – thermal imaging for animal population control, like deer
- Safety at landfill sites – the drone can find hot spots that pose a fire risk
- Thermal mapping – look at any heat leakage over the whole building to identify potential savings via improved insulation
- Roofing surveillance to detect excess humidity and water cooling on flat roofs
- Concealed bird nesting in roof crevices
Gareth Davies, Regional Director for Mitie pest control and drone operations says: “The thermal imaging technology enables us to develop the precision of our existing drone fleet. The Inspire 1 will enable us to offer customers and increasingly comprehensive, safe and flexible service and is a great example of Mitie’s technological innovation in the FM sector.”
With the ability to reach 400ft, previously inaccessible places are reachable from the ground and without the need for specialist equipment. The small unmanned aircraft systems (SUAS) are operated by licensed Civil Aviation Authority members, enhancing safety and reducing the cost of surveying at height.
For further information, contact:
Lauren Hepburn, Investor and Public Relations Manager, Mitie Group plc
T:+44 20 3123 8720 E:firstname.lastname@example.org
John Telling, Corporate Affairs Director, Mitie Group plc
T:+44 20 3123 8673 E:email@example.com