Infor Express Combines Functionality, Industry Expertise and Implementation Experience into a Single Solution
FARNBOROUGH – Sept, 2010 – Infor, the leading provider of business software for mid-market customers, today announced a new breed of business application, Infor Express. To address companies’ industry-specific needs, Infor has combined functionality from across its broad portfolio of business applications into single, pre-configured solutions. Based on a flexible implementation methodology developed through thousands of successful installations, Infor Express customers can implement at their own pace, with full activation in as fast as 90 days. The first solution, Infor Express Projects, is designed to help project-based manufacturers increase profitability and enhance customer service through fast, accurate bidding, detailed project monitoring and agile response to changes in the production cycle.
- Infor is furthering its position as the leading provider of software to mid-market companies by taking core functionality from existing applications and building Infor Express solutions that address the business-specific challenges faced by particular industries.
- Infor Express solutions can be implemented at a pace that meets the needs of customers with varying IT staff, and can be fully activated in as fast as 90 days.
- Unlike the rapid implementation programs of other vendors, Infor uses a flexible, self-paced timeframe made possible by a subscription-based learning program. Companies are not charged extra for choosing to spread out their learning period within the subscription timeframe.
- The learning phase of an Infor Express implementation features hundreds of short, web-based videos that enable users to learn about the solution on their own schedule, including after hours and on weekends.
- Infor Express Projects is the first available solution that combines robust functionality from Infor’s engineering, manufacturing and business intelligence solutions to benefit project-based manufacturers in three key areas:
- Fast, accurate project bidding – comprehensive analysis of development, costing, sourcing, shipping, servicing and other complex aspects of production helps companies quickly make accurate bids on projects.
- Project monitoring - end-to-end tracking of budget against actual throughout the entire project lifecycle, including aftermarket and service, helps meet customer expectations and maximize profitability by delivering goods on-time and on-budget.
- Change management – monitoring for changes from suppliers, customers and the shop floor and assessing the impact, enables companies to quickly respond to disruptions and course-correct to meet projections and customer expectations.
What IDC Manufacturing Insights Says
"What is interesting about the Express initiative at Infor is that they have developed a truly unique approach to rapid deployment. They don't just drop a pre-configured industry template on the customer, but apply agile development, rapid prototyping techniques to adapt to the individual customer needs," wrote Bob Parker, group vice president of Research at IDC Manufacturing Insights, in a recent Research Perspective document.
What Diamond Moba America Says
“With several IT projects underway, and sporadic holiday plans for our IT department and engineering staff, undergoing a rapid implementation of a new software solution this summer was a challenging objective,” said Kathleen Conley, information systems manager, Diamond Moba Americas. “Infor Express set itself apart from other solutions by providing us the flexibility to slow the learning phase down to ensure that our staff was trained at their own schedule, at no extra cost.”
What We Say
“Infor has become the leading provider of business software to the mid-market because we have a portfolio of industry-leading solutions, deep domain expertise and the experience gained from having more than 70,000 installed customers,” said Greg Lashbrook, vice president, Solutions Value Engineering, Infor. “With Infor Express, the company is using its application portfolio, expertise and experience to deliver solutions that improve business performance for companies in specific industries and can be implemented quickly to generate a rapid return on investment.”
Note: registration may be required to access online content
§ Infor Express Projects website - http://go.infor.com/expressprojects/
§ Infor Express Brochure - www.infor.com/content/brochures/infor-express-projects.pdf/
§ Infor Express Demo –
§ Join the conversation - www.infor.com/infornow/inforlive/
# # #
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should,” “will,” and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor’s product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.
For more details please contact:
EMEA PR Manager, Infor
Infor provides more than 70,000 customers a better, more collaborative relationship with their business software provider. Infor software is simple to buy, easy to deploy and convenient to manage. It is software created for evolution, not revolution. There is a better way, to find it visit www.infor.com