”Insane”, a new Swedish horror film from the team behind the horror cult classic ”Evil Ed”, opens today directly on Voddler. The film is shown for free on Voddler, and is simultaneously released as purchase-DVD from SICK FILMS. For filmmakers Anders Jacobsson, Tomas Sandquist and Henrik Koelman it was essential that the film came out at the same time both online and on DVD.
The team members behind “Insane” financed the movie with their own means and own time. When the film was finalized, they put together their own distribution strategy.
- There are a lot of horror fans in Sweden, but there are few Swedish-made horror films, and even fewer that actually get traditional cinema distribution. But we didn’t want to let that stop our film, and decided to release it simultaneously online and on DVD. We believe it is the best way for the movie to reach as many viewers and different viewer groups as possible, says Anders Jacobsson, who directed the film together with Tomas Sandquist.
“Insane” is shown for free on Voddler, with 3 – 4 minutes of ads shown before the film. It is also released on DVD by horror film distributor SICK FILMS.
- Many people think we compete over titles, but it felt absolutely natural for us to cooperate with a DVD-distributor. We believe different customers want to buy a DVD compared to those who want to see it. By showing the movie in these two “release windows” at the same time, we increase the movie’s exposure, to artistic and commercial gain for everyone involved, says Anders Sjöman, head of communications at Voddler.
”Insane” is initially released in Sweden only. Plans are to soon release it in the rest of Scandinavia.
For more information:
- Anders Sjöman, VP Communications, Voddler, email@example.com, +46707176078
- Anders Jacobsson, director, firstname.lastname@example.org,
- The movie’s web site: www.insanethemovie.com
- Insane as free movie on Voddler: http://www.voddler.com/movie/info/2756631855405769634/insane
- Insane as purchase-DVD on Darkdisc (the web shop of SICK FILMS): http://www.darkdisc.com/product.asp?product=12463
Founded in 2005, Voddler (www.voddler.com) is located in Stockholm, Sweden. Voddler’s mission is to offer a premium video service for users, advertisers and content owners. Voddler brings together premium content from leading content companies including Walt Disney, Dreamworks, NBC Universal, Paramount, Warner Bros., Touchstone Pictures, Metro Goldwyn Mayer, New Line Home Entertainment, Columbia Pictures, HBO Home Video, Miramax, Buena Vista, Sony Pictures, Castle Rock Entertainment, Turner Entertainment, Sandrew Metronome, Atlantic Pictures, Scanbox, Noble Entertainment, PAN Vision, Nonstop Media, TVF, and FilmFactory and BBC Worldwide.