The HX-A100: Point-of-view, hands-free camcorder for users with active lifestyles
Nice, 11th February 2013 – Panasonic is pleased to announce the HX-A100 hands-free Wearable Camcorder, designed to let users easily capture and share their everyday adventures.
Designed for hands-free comfort
The compact, lightweight design of the A100 makes it comfortable to wear and by setting the camera on the included Earhook, users can enjoy hands-free shooting without a helmet. For those who would prefer to mount the camera to a helmet or backpack a Multi-Mount option is available. Furthermore, the waterproof design enables even greater shooting freedom in situations where the camera might get wet.
Share images with ease
Another feature of the camera is its built-in Wi-Fi functions, which allows users to broadcast live video with simultaneous Full-HD recording. It also makes it easy to upload recorded images to social networking sites using a mobile device or tablet.
Image quality that punches above its weight
Despite its compact size and lightweight design, the HX-A100 achieves excellent image quality. Featuring a host of image-enhancing technologies, including a bright F2.5 lens, a BSI Sensor and Advanced Image Processing LSI, this wearable camera captures clear, low-noise images in both bright and dim lighting situations. It also minimizes shooting mistakes, with an Image Stabilizer to suppress blurring, and a Level Shot function to automatically correct tilted images.
Capitalising on Panasonic’s long camcorder history
The HX-A100 also offers a large number of advantages resulting from Panasonic's long history of camcorder development. This is what makes it possible to shoot and share images with the user's precise line-of-sight perspective for special events, sports activities and everyday situations.
Notes to Editors
- IPX8-compliant waterproof design for safe outdoor shooting in water depth down to -1.5m / 5ft for up to 30min duration.
- Dustproof design allows shooting safely in sandy or dusty environments.
- The Wi-Fi connectivity makes it possible to broadcast live streaming video on Ustream as it is recorded in Full-HD Quality
- Recording can be turned ON/OFF with a mobile device or tablet while watching in live view
- Content can be easily shared on social networking sites using a mobile device or tablet
- Good low-light performance with an F2.5 bright lens, 1/4.1" BSI Sensor, and Advanced Image Processing LSI
- Level Shot for automatic correction of tilting images, which often occur unnoticed
- Image Stabilizer suppresses blurring for crisp and clear images
- Sharp, impressive slow-motion video in HD quality
- Recording formats: 1920 x 1080/60 fps, 1280 x 720/120 fps, 640 x 360/240 fps
- Wind Noise Cut function suppresses excessive wind noise
- 140 minutes of battery life* for extended shooting on a single battery charge
* When recording in Full-HD with Wi-Fi turned off.
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and engineering of electronic technologies and solutions for customers in residential, non-residential, mobility and personal applications. Since its founding in 1918, the company has expanded globally and now operates over 500 consolidated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of 7.30 trillion yen (68 billion euros) for the year ended March 31, 2013. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company strives to create a better life and a better world for its customers. For more information about Panasonic, please visit the company's website at http://panasonic.net/.