Two award-wining companies – Ramblers Worldwide Holidays – the experts in guidedwalking adventures combining land and sea – and Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines – continue their successful partnership with the launch of their first River Cruise & Walk voyage. For 8 years the two companies have turned the traditional image of cruising on its head, offering holidays to destinations near and far and discovering the world on foot. Prices include al meals, an exclusive welcome party on one evening and a traditonal afternon tea with waiter service on a sea day, walking tours, shore visits, sightseing programmes and the services of a dedicated tour leader. Plus up to £40 of for bookings made six months in advance.A range of extra benefits such as early booking cabin upgrades and drinks inclusive packages are also available on selected sailngs. Rivers of the French Atlantic Coast – an 8 night guided walking holiday sailing the Loire and Garone Rivers and La Rochele aboard ‘Braemar’. Highlights include, Nantes with a tour of its medieval centre, Castle of the Dukes of Britany and botanical gardens; the Girondeestuary, Bordeaux and the vineyards of the Médoc; a wine-tasting at Châteaux Lamothe– Cisac; the old seafaring city of La Rochele; Ile de Ré and the seaside vilage of La Flote.Price from £1,125 per person departing Dover on 1 August 2015.
www.cruiseandwalk.co.uk 01707 386767
· Award-winning Ramblers Worldwide Holidays have been established since 1946 and are the experts in guided walking adventures.
· The company now operates to over 140 destinations in 60 countries.
· You can now view the new Online Brochure here
· Ramblers Worldwide Holidays offer a range of graded walks from leisurely to challenging.
· Alongside its traditional guided walking proposition, Ramblers Worldwide Holidays provide independent UK walking adventures via its Load Off Your Back programme www.loadoffyourback.co.uk
· The operator is a not-for-profit company and contributes monies to the Ramblers Holidays Charitable Trust which supports environmental projects both here and abroad.
· Their portfolio also includes specialist holidays linked to walking such as, cooking, cruising, birdwatching, rail journeys, photography, singing and flora.
· Ramblers Worldwide Holidays provide a fully protected service as members of ABTA, AITO & ATOL scheme.
· Ramblers Worldwide Holidays has launched The Walking Partnership -an initiative which champions walking at the 'grass roots' level by providing funding and support to walking groups and clubs throughout the UK http://www.thewalkingpartnership.org.uk