At Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona Spain, Sony Mobile has recently lifted the lid on its new flagship the Sony XPERIA Z2.
In a press release, the Japanese phone maker announced, “Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) today introduces Xperia™ Z2, Sony’s best ever premium waterproof smartphone combining its best display, sound, camera and camcorder experience as well as an exclusive entertainment offer and a growing ecosystem of companion products. Xperia Z2 is the newest addition to Sony’s premium Z series and will launch globally from March 2014.”
President and CEO, Sony Mobile Communications, Kunimasa Suzuki, said, “With Xperia Z2 we have taken our premium Z series to the next level, delivering unique experiences that only Sony can offer. We have redefined the smartphone once again through our camera. Xperia Z2 offers an innovative experience that captures memories in stunning detail through 4K video shooting, or offers new ways to use the camera with our unique Xperia camera apps. Furthermore, the Best of Sony has been delivered in the sound quality and customers are now able to listen to their music even in noisy environments without interruptions thanks to our acclaimed digital noise cancelling technology.”
Here are the specs:
· The world’s best camera and camcorder in a waterproof smartphone1 with Sony’s proven camera technologies: Award-winning “G Lens”, 20.7 MP “Exmor RS for mobile” CMOS image sensor and “BIONZ for mobile” image processing engine
· Capture video in 4K resolution with SteadyShot™, complemented by new Xperia camera apps such as Timeshift video and new AR effect
· Our brightest and most vivid viewing experience ever on 5.2” Full HD TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality™ for mobile
· The world’s first Digital Noise Cancelling Technology2 in a smartphone for an immersive audio experience
· The latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2.3 GHz quad-core Krait CPUs and 4G LTE for fast performance, 3GB RAM and high capacity 3200 mAh battery in an 8.2mm slim smartphone
Want to get your hands on the Sony XPERIA Z2? We’ll let you know once the smartphone lands in the UK.