The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
GUMAMM for month ending 30th September 2011.
This data shows the number of first attendances to a GUM clinic for each clinic provider, how many of these attendances were offered an appointment within 48 hours and how many were seen within 48 hours.
Main findings are:
- The percentage of 1st appointments offered within 48 hours was 99.91% for September 2011, it was 99.86% for August 2011.
- The percentage of 1st attendances seen within 48 hours as a proportion of the total number of 1st attendances was 87.87% for September 2011, it was 88.70% for August 2011.
- The total number of 1st attendances was 139,317 in September 2011 which is 6,333 per working day, it was 6,080 per working day in August 2011.
- The total number of attendances was 192,897 in September 2011 which is 8,768 per working day, it was 8,568 per working day in August 2011.
- The collection covers 133 NHS providers & 3 Independent Sector providers that are responsible for 206 GUM clinics providing type 3 services.