• Data are published on Direct Access Audiology patients whose referral to treatment (RTT) pathways were completed during September 2011 (completed pathways) and on those patients who were still waiting at the end of September 2011 (incomplete pathways).
• In total, 39,288 patients for whom English commissioners are responsible completed their Direct Access Audiology RTT pathway during September 2011. Of these, the average (median) waiting time was 5.1 weeks, the 95th percentile waiting time was 16.1 weeks and 98.6% were seen within 18 weeks.
• At the end of September 2011, 59,611 patients were awaiting Direct Access Audiology treatment. Of these, the average (median) waiting time was 3.9 weeks and the 95th percentile was 14.5 weeks.
• Table 1 shows average (median) waiting times, 95th percentile waiting times and the percentage of patients whose Direct Access Audiology RTT pathway was completed within 18 weeks by SHA. Table 2 shows Direct Access Audiology RTT waiting time trends from October 2008 to September 2011 for completed and incomplete pathways.
• Detailed tables by provider and commissioner can be found via the following link: http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Statistics/Performancedataandstatistics/Directaccessaudiology/index.htm