British Airways is launching a great BIG sale with thousands of flights in all cabins, and hundreds of holidays. The sale starts on Thursday, August 26 with savings of up to £140 in economy, £452 in premium economy, £951 in business class and £4179 in First.
The twenty day sale offers discounted flights to over 100 destinations worldwide as well as 100’s of holidays for various travel departures from August 26, 2010 right through to June 30, 2011.
To launch the sale, model Nell McAndrew posed on a BIG deck chair (the size of a double-decker bus) wearing her favourite beach wear – a white Melissa Odabash bikini outside Tower Hill in London today.
Nell said; “I’m excited to be launching BA’s great big sale. Bag a bargain and jet off in style and comfort to one of many destinations.”
For a late summer getaway, hot spots include: Dubai from £356 (saving £69), Antigua from £475 (saving £92) and Grenada from £509 (saving £140) – all based on economy flights.
For ski breaks, head to the Rockies. Denver costs from £439 (saving £50) and Vancouver from £589 (saving £67). For European short-breaks head to Zurich or Geneva – both start from £52 (one-way).
If you’re looking to jet-off in style and experience BA’s award winning Club World beds check out Cairo from £897 (saving £302), Delhi from £1296 (saving £466), New York from £1649 (saving £534), Bermuda from £1999 (saving £741) and Calgary from £1869 (saving £951). And for the ultimate in luxury, travel in BA’s First Class cabin, Barbados from £3049 (saving £1605) and Houston from £3117 (saving £4179).
Closer to home flights start from just £49 one-way to Jersey, Dubrovnik and Salzburg. Check out Gothenburg in Sweden from £55 one-way, this new BA route takes-off at the end of November, alternatively tee-off in the Algarve with Faro from £55 one-way, or cruise round Venice also from £55 one-way.
Holiday packages start from £149 per person based on 2 nights at the 3* Merton Hotel in Jersey including return BA flights from Gatwick and accommodation only. For guaranteed sun head to Sharm El Sheikh where 7 nights at the 3* Oriental Rivoli costs from £379 per person including return BA flights from Gatwick and accommodation only.
For those seeking somewhere new head to Cancun, new twice weekly service commences November 3, 2010, 7 nights at the 5* Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort and Spa, Riviera Maya start from £799 per person including return BA flights from Gatwick and accommodation on an all-inclusive basis. And for complete escapism, check out the Maldives and relax for 7 nights at the 4* Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi from £999 per person including return BA flights from Gatwick, in-resort transfers and accommodation on an all-inclusive basis.
Fly-drive holidays are also available with Orlando from £469 per person including return BA flights from Gatwick and inclusive Avis car rental based on 7 night duration.
Richard Tams, British Airways head of UK&I Sales, said: “This sale is a great opportunity for anyone looking for last minute getaways, winter sun, ski or city breaks to take advantage of savings in all our cabins. We also have a great range of holiday packages available on ba.com where you can save even more time and effort by using our new ‘lowest price holiday finder’ with the added reassurance of ATOL protection.”
For flight only visit ba.com/sale or call 0844 493 0787
For holiday packages visit ba.com/sale or call 0844 493 0758
Notes to editors:
- The sale runs from August 26, 2010 until midnight on September, 14 2010
- Offers based on selected travel dates from August 26, 2010 to June 30, 2011
- All short haul ticket prices in economy are based on one-way flights and include all taxes and charges
- All long haul and short haul prices in business class, ticket prices are based on return flights and include all taxes and charges
- All off-line bookings will be subject to a £5 OPD charge
- All offers are subject to availability
- All flight prices include the new air passenger duty rates
- Rules apply including up to a 28-day advance, purchase restriction
- Fares are non-transferable, non-changeable and non-refundable in Business and First Class
- Fares in Euro Traveller are changeable for a £60 fee
- Fares in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus are changeable for a £90 fee
- All packaged holiday offers are based on two sharing and are ATOL protected