Jarden Corp accounted for a 21% share of volume sales in the United States heating appliances market at the end of the review period, followed by Kaz (10%), De'Longhi America (7%) and Microlife USA (7%). Other key players included Soleus International and Lasko Products. With the exception of Jarden Corp – a leading marketer of many small appliances – heating appliance products in the US are produced by manufacturers which specialise specifically in HVAC technologies.
Contributing to the 9% decline in volume sales of oil-filled radiators and the 5% decline in volume sales of fan heaters was the increased concern about heaters contributing to fires. At the end of 2011, the National Fire Protection Association released a report indicating that a third of all home fires were started through space heaters, followed by central heating and water boiling units.
Heating appliances will continue to be afflicted by seasonality. As such, the category is expected to experience a negligible CAGR in the forecast period. Constant value sales of heating appliances are expected to see a CAGR of 1% in the forecast period due to the decreased demand; average unit prices are expected to compensate.
- Heating appliances sees a 6% decline in volume terms in 2012, to reach 16 million units
- 2012 sees one of the warmest winters in history, which depresses sales of heating appliances
- All heating appliances take a hard hit in sales in 2012, with oil-filled radiators experiencing the largest volume decline
- Average unit prices of heating appliances see a small decline in 2012, causing a stronger decline in current value terms than volume terms
- Jarden Corp leads heating appliances with a 21% volume share in 2012
- Heating appliances is expected to see flat volume sales in the forecast period
For more information on the United States heating appliances market, please click here: United States heating appliances market
Companiesandmarkets.com issues news updates and report summaries covering all major industries and sectors. The service provides additional client monitoring and timely alerts to breaking industry and sector news leading the day's business headlines. News articles, written by our staff, contain additional analyst insight, providing value added insight for our readers. News updates and real-time alerts on newly-released market reports are also available from our Facebook page, Twitter feed @CandMResearch and RSS links. We also welcome inquiries from business journalists and the news media.