GE was the leading brand in the United States large cooking appliances market in 2012, holding a 21% volume share. Broan from Broan-NuTone was second with 17%, whilst the Sears private label brand Kenmore held a 14% share. Cooker hoods mainly bolsters Broan-NuTone‟s share, as it held a 71% share of built-in cooker hoods, and a 30% share in freestanding cooker hoods in 2012.
Ovens experienced a slight volume decline in 2012 as sales are closely aligned to the housing market, only mild gains in remodelling and new housing starts pushed many consumers to hold off on purchasing built-in appliances, including ovens, which saw a 1% drop in sales to reach 617,000 units.
Large cooking appliances is expected to show a strong rebound during the forecast period, with volume sales growing by a CAGR of 3% through to 2017. Ovens will help to bolster growth, as volume sales of ovens are expected to increase by a CAGR of 5% to 2017. As the economy is expected to pick up speed, the number of new dwellings and employment are expected to rise, helping large cooking appliances to gain positive momentum.
Large cooking appliances maintains flat volume growth in 2012, with
sales of 10.0 million units. Current value sales, however, increase by
4% to US$7.3 billion
- The slower than expected economic growth in 2012 contributes to flat volume growth for large cooking appliances as a whole.
- Freestanding range cookers sees the highest volume growth of 4% to reach 228,000 units in 2012
- In 2012, due to rising raw materials costs, the current unit price of overall large cooking appliances sees a 4% increase
- General Electric continues to be the leading manufacturer of large cooking appliances in 2012, followed by Whirlpool Corp and Broan-NuTone
- A moderate recovery is expected through to 2017, with a volume CAGR of 3% and a constant value CAGR of 6%
For more information on the United States large cooking appliances market, please click here: United States large cooking appliances market
Companiesandmarkets.com issues news updates and report summaries covering all major industries and sectors. The service provides additional client monitoring and timely alerts to breaking industry and sector news leading the day's business headlines. News articles, written by our staff, contain additional analyst insight, providing value added insight for our readers. News updates and real-time alerts on newly-released market reports are also available from our Facebook page, Twitter feed @CandMResearch and RSS links. We also welcome inquiries from business journalists and the news media.