Russell Hobbs continued to the hold largest share of sales in United States small kitchen appliances market in 2012, accounting for 20% of volume sales. Hamilton Beach Brands and Jarden Corp both held 12% shares.
Kettles saw 3% growth in volume terms and a 4% increase in current value terms in 2012. This volume growth came after 5% growth in the previous year, and 8% growth in 2010. Primarily driving sales in this category were aesthetic innovation, increased functionality, and trends in gourmet coffees and teas. Manufacturers are increasingly offering kettles in brighter colours and sleeker designs. In addition, kettles, following the growing trend of the premiumisation of coffee and tea, have customised water temperature controls.
Small non-cooking kitchen appliances is expected to see static volume sales over the forecast period. Value sales are expected to grow by a moderate CAGR of 2% in constant terms in the forecast period to reach US$588 million in 2017. The moderate increase in value terms is expected to be bolstered by coffee mills and kettles, which will continue to support the consumer lifestyle trend of home cooking.
Sales of small non-cooking kitchen appliances increase by 1% in volume
terms to reach 13.6 million units in 2012. Current value sales see a
higher 3% increase to reach US$542 million
- Growth in this category is bolstered by coffee mills and kettles, due to the artisanal and gourmet coffee and tea movements
- Kettles increases by 3% in volume terms to reach 2.2 million units. In current value terms, kettles increases by 4% to reach US$90 million
- Average unit prices increase by a moderate 2% to reach US$40 in 2012
- Russell Hobbs leads small kitchen appliances with a 21% volume share in 2012, followed by Hamilton Beach Brands and Jarden Corp, each with a 12% share
- Volume growth in the forecast period is expected to be flat overall, but in specific categories such as kettles and coffee mills, growth is expected to be moderate
For more information on the United States small kitchen appliances market, please click here: United States small kitchen appliances market
Companiesandmarkets.com issues news updates and report summaries covering all major industries and sectors. The service provides additional client monitoring and timely alerts to breaking industry and sector news leading the day's business headlines. News articles, written by our staff, contain additional analyst insight, providing value added insight for our readers. News updates and real-time alerts on newly-released market reports are also available from our Facebook page, Twitter feed @CandMResearch and RSS links. We also welcome inquiries from business journalists and the news media.