In the housing industry, 3D rendering is a vital tool to preview and communicate home design to potential purchasers. It is already being effectively used by homebuilders and real estate developers to share their design with potential purchasers.
With the help of homebuilder 3D rendered images, one can show the way the building/house looks even before the construction begins. A rendered image is created from a 3D CAD model and provides a realistic and detailed view of the project including landscape and different colour and finish options.
Today, several organizations have adopted the practice of hiring the services of external partners for 3D rendering as they lack the required expertise to create the images quickly and cost effectively. In other words, they outsource the rendered image production as it is not a core competency for them. Thus, rather than wasting their time, costs and energy, they prefer to hire an external partner for 3D rendering services.
Key Considerations while Outsourcing 3D Rendering Services
When opting for an external partner for outsourcing Architectural 3D Rendering Services, there are some key considerations that one needs to keep in mind. These relate to the general aspects of the partner and well as specific rendering related aspects. Some of the aspects to consider include:
- Understanding the experience the company has in providing such services to homebuilders. For example is that experience in the same market and for the same types of homes, materials, finishes and landscape.
- Ask about housing and construction related experience and knowledge, for example does the company understand how brickwork is formed and how roof tiles are laid as this will directly impact the accuracy of their images.
- Review previous images to see if the company understands lighting and shadow placement for images.
- Understand how long it takes to create sample images so that turnaround times are clear.
- Determine whether they have the required technology background to provide rendered images, for example do they use software that you are familiar with, do they have fast rendering facilities and do they have an after effect of lighting add-on for realistic image production.
- It is also worth asking for a pilot to be undertaken, so ask the company to create a sample 3D render using your plans and inputs and assess that output from different suppliers.
Whilst there are many organizations that can prove to be good external/outsourcing partners, specializing in offering high quality architectural exterior views along with interior renderings that combine functionality and creativity, the other aspects of a company / partner also need to be considered.
Aside from rendered image experience, other aspects of the partner’s company are also very relevant, for example are the culture a fit for your own, are there likely to be any communication issues and are the financial model feasible for your own firm.
Outsourcing 3D rendering services for homebuilders requires a proper external partner who can understand what it takes to deliver superior and realistic 3D images. XS CAD is the UK-India based company and have expertise in creating high quality 3D renderings, 3D floor plan renderings, interior 3D renderings and photorealistic 3D images for homebuilders.
UK Construction Media is a leading publishing and marketing services business focused on the construction industry. Based on 20 years of experience within this sector, the business has unrivalled experience with a range of products which target the development of new opportunities and increased business for our clients.