Vodafone Group Plc ("Vodafone") today announces a new organisational structure which will enable continued improvement in the delivery of the Group's strategic goals. This structure will become effective as from 1 October 2010. The new organisation is designed to:
- focus on Vodafone’s key commercial and financial priorities: customer and commercial strength, leadership in data, brand advocacy, cost efficiency and shareholder returns, and
- simplify the Group’s organisation, by reducing layers and simplifying managerial governance.
The main elements of the new organisational structure are:
- accountability for the Group’s operating companies will be brought into two ‘operating regions’, to reflect the different nature of assets/geographies and different development of the sector in various economies:
- Europe: comprising all of the existing controlled businesses in Europe, plus the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Turkey. Michel Combes will continue to be the Regional CEO in charge of the Europe Region
- Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific: comprising all emerging economies in Africa, the Middle East and Asia, plus Australia, New Zealand and Fiji. Nick Read will be the Regional CEO in charge of this Region
- the Group CEO, CFO and Strategy & Business Development Director will be responsible for effecting strategies to maximize shareholder value from Vodafone’s investments: Verizon Wireless, SFR, Polkomtel and Bharti Holding, which will no longer be held within the regional structures.
- Group Marketing, Vodafone Business Services, Vodafone Global Enterprise, Partner Markets, and other commercial units will be combined into a new organization, Group Commercial, which will be responsible for all commercial activity. This unit will be headed by Morten Lundal as Group Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and he will report to the Group CEO.
- all Technology functions in Vodafone’s operating companies will report into Group Technology. Steve Pusey, as Group CTO, will report directly to the Group CEO.
Vodafone will report on the basis of the new organisation structure for the second half of this financial year.
For further information:
Tel: +44 (0)1635 33251
Tel: +44 (0) 1635 664444 +44 (0) 1635 664444